Senator Boxer: Protecting Our Oceans and Coasts

sTony

Senator Boxer: Protecting Our Oceans and Coasts

Post by sTony »

Dear Friend:

The Obama Administration invites you to help develop a new national ocean policy.

Last summer President Obama signed an Executive Order establishing the first comprehensive National Policy for the Stewardship of the Ocean, Our Coasts, and the Great Lakes.

This National Ocean Policy sets priorities for federal actions and strengthens public and private efforts to preserve, protect, and sustainably manage our oceans. The Executive Order also established guiding principles for ocean management along with a framework for regionally based collaborative planning to address conservation, economic activity, competing uses, and sustainable use of our oceans, coasts, and Great Lakes.

The National Ocean Council recently released a set of nine strategic action plan outlines focused on key priorities to further the National Ocean Policy. These outlines are now available for a 30-day public comment period at www.whitehouse.gov/oceans.

Throughout this month, the National Ocean Council will host 12 public listening sessions around the country, including one in California. These sessions offer a forum for the public to learn about and comment on the National Ocean Policy and its action plans. For more information about these listening sessions, you can visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/05/ ... n-near-you.

The National Ocean Policy embodies many of the principles and proposals set forth in the National Oceans Protection Act, a comprehensive ocean conservation bill that I introduced in the last Congress. Like the Administration proposal, my bill called for a national ocean policy with regional partnerships and ecosystem-based management.

I applaud the Obama Administration’s efforts to create a National Ocean Policy and to include the public in the development of that policy.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator
sker13

Re: Senator Boxer: Protecting Our Oceans and Coasts

Post by sker13 »

puke
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
tbob

Post by tbob »

Double puke. This sounds like our infamous MLPA on a national scale. Fishermen throughout the country are battling the statewide attacks on our right to fish which are always disguised as marine protection acts.

We are starting to turn the tide back in our favor by fighting back and suing and winning in state courts. Let the DFG establish lthe imits to protect fish when they need to be protected, but don't allow the state or federal government to deny you access. It is a slippery slope and as we have all seen we end up with less each year and we never get back what we once had.
ken a

Post by ken a »

I'm here from the government and want to help you, but need your imput. Right!!! Surely this thread was posted in jest.
kb

Post by kb »

Well I made it through about 30 pages of the document and if anyone can give me a clue what the hell these talking in circles, use words that hopefully nobody will question tree hugging son of a guns are saying please tell us. Yes I see MLPA all over this and if they pull off the inland version in the Great Lakes you can guess what they will have in their sights next.

Don't let this go guys and say "they can't do that" because they have and will. Write letters and fight for our rights and heritage..........

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140