Cover Plate

TCS

Cover Plate

Post by TCS »

Just mounted a new finder on a ram mount at the console. I need to cover the old hole in the dash where the 5" used to be. Do they make inserts to cover that hole? thanks
Kulin

Re: Cover Plate

Post by Kulin »

I just created a thread with the same question haha. Hopefully with both of our posts we can get an answer.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

TCS wrote:Just mounted a new finder on a ram mount at the console. I need to cover the old hole in the dash where the 5" used to be. Do they make inserts to cover that hole? thanks
what kind of boat you got?
TCS

Post by TCS »

Its a 99champ 203 how about you. I was thinkn of cutting some black plastic and inserting it with silicone, but if they make inserts that would be sweet.
kb

Post by kb »

Give Bob's Marine in a Modesto or Anglers Marine in Anaheim a call and tell the guys what you are looking for and they might have one around or they can tell you if they are available from Flippin and can get you one. I would think that one with the Champion logo should be around and both of these guys are Champion/Stratos dealers.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Kulin

Post by Kulin »

I have a 2008 champ. I am hoping we can get like a custom made champion boat logo that goes over it. Thats ideally what I want. I am hoping can just get the dimensions from me and make one. I am open to all options. Thanks
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

I need 2 of them also. :lol: Anybody on here have a metal shop that can fabricate some billet anodized aluminum ones? Would look super slick and custom if they had the champ logo on them too :wink:
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
TCS

Post by TCS »

Just called a local glass and plastics shop. They can cut a piece of plastic to the dims needed and finish the corners for like $8.00. I got two black annodized allen screw bolts from pep boys and will use a piece of wood as backing to tighten it up. Probably end putting some sort of sticker on the front to finish it. If someone does make a nice insert with a champion logo on it Ill take two.
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Contact PigChaser, he is advertising recessed trolling motor trays for sale and that he might be able to do special projects. He might be able to fabricate something for you guys. Good luck!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

TCS wrote:Just called a local glass and plastics shop. They can cut a piece of plastic to the dims needed and finish the corners for like $8.00. I got two black annodized allen screw bolts from pep boys and will use a piece of wood as backing to tighten it up. Probably end putting some sort of sticker on the front to finish it. If someone does make a nice insert with a champion logo on it Ill take two.
Tap Plastics, they have stores everywhere, order a logo from the boat maker and your done...
Kulin

Post by Kulin »

I am with lunker.....theres got to be a guy who can make something we are looking for. Come on people=)
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

PM sent with a source to the guys who were interested.
ripnlip45

Post by ripnlip45 »

I need one for a skeeter 2005 tzx200 the front of boat. email me if you have info. fishn45@charter.net thanks Chad
rmd

Post by rmd »

we can cnc them out here at RMD
rmd

Post by rmd »

we can cnc them out here at RMD
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

rmd wrote:we can cnc them out here at RMD
How much?
rmd

Post by rmd »

lunker punker wrote:
How much?
I need a size and thickness
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

rmd wrote:
lunker punker wrote:
How much?
I need a size and thickness
PM sent.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Last one I bought was from C&O Marine and it fit perfect on my Champ and had four holes for the screws. It was the graphite matt and looked very good. They might still stock them.