MMC card For Lowrance .

Ray Vanacore

MMC card For Lowrance .

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Does anyone out there know where i can purchase a MMC SD card for my Lowrance GPS system I cant seem to find anything less the 128 mb which is way to much. any help will be apreciated thank you in advance
Ray Vanacore
troutnut

CompUSA

Post by troutnut »

I assume you want a blank one. The price for a 64 MB and a 128mb is about the same.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... 20matchall
d hill

Re: MMC card For Lowrance .

Post by d hill »

ray the sd is a digital mmc card and you dont need it to be digital .frys and best buy had regular mmc cards with less than 128 a few weeks ago .someone told me not to use the sd cards because they were thicker than standard mmc cards but like the spookman tells me," you're just an o ring mechanic on the space shuttle so what the hell do you know."
troutnut

Re: MMC card For Lowrance .

Post by troutnut »

I'm holding my mmc card that came with my x-a8c, and it is a regular 16 MB mmc card. It will be tough to find one that small. Most are 64MB or better know. Even Walmart sells these in the camera dept.
Mark Langner

Hey Ray (warning here).....

Post by Mark Langner »

Some mmc/sd cards are more compantible than others. Not so much for the Lowrance unit, but for the card reader for your pc that came with your lowrance for copying files back and forth to your computer. I actually called the lowrance folks on this. I'm at work and can't remember the brand that I found worked (recommended by lowrance), and unfortunately I can't remember the brand I had to return cuz it wouldn't be recognized by my card reader. If you want me to email you the brand I'm using, just drop me an email and I'll reply later tonight.

Compusa, Frys, both have mmc cards in the 32 and 64 sizes if your not wanting larger cards.
Barry

LEI...

Post by Barry »

The mmc card I just got from LEI (The Lowrance brand) was a 64. I would guess any Scandisk would work but LEI sells them....Barry
steve0806

MMC card

Post by steve0806 »

I bought one from Bass Pro (Catalogue). Update from Lowrance online worked fine. It's a 32.
Mitch

Just purchased a sd card

Post by Mitch »

from Office Depot. $ 39 for a 128 MB Loaded all my favorite lakes in the entire western states and a 6 MB map of the Delta. Still have more than enough room. WORKS AND READS just fine.
LEN B

SD CARD

Post by LEN B »

I PUT A 512 MB IN MINE. THEN PUT THE HOLE 9 YARDS ON IT. 1 GIG ?
Ray Vanacore

MMC Card

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Thanks everyone I finally found one that would work It had to be 128 m but what the heck anyway thank for all the help and info.
Ray Vanaocre