Coming Soon to WesternBass.com

Caudawg

Coming Soon to WesternBass.com

Post by Caudawg »

You've heard the saying..."It's GO Time"...
Well, at WesternBass.com, "It's GROW Time!"

Among the new additions to our site and magazine will be a new emphasis on "Personal Watercraft" including a new forum and articles focused on all the various personal watercraft options (i.e. belly boats, kickboats, pontoons and other types of new/emerging forms of personal watercraft). This will include rigging tricks/techniques, accessory info/reviews, fishing techniques, event/club info and anything that goes along with this rapidly growing segment of the bass fishing industry.

For those of you who are involved or have an interest in personal watercraft angling, we could use your help spreading the word among all of your friends and clubs. Your photos, videos, articles and participation in our Personal Watercraft Forum and Resources Section will be welcomed.

Let us know your thoughts. We hope to launch this new aspect of our site (and in WesternBass.com Digital Magazine) in the coming weeks.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
mark poulson

Re: Coming Soon to WesternBass.com

Post by mark poulson »

John,
To most bass fishermen I know, Personal Water Craft is a dirty word (or three), right up there with wakeboarder.
I'm sure you mean float tubers, kayaker, and kick boat fishermen, not people who ride seadoos, jet skis, and that kind of PWC.
PWC's, wakeboarders, and water skiers are generally lumped together under the heading "Lake Lice" by most Bass fishermen.
You might want to chose a different title for the forum.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

mark poulson wrote:John,
To most bass fishermen I know, Personal Water Craft is a dirty word (or three), right up there with wakeboarder.
I'm sure you mean float tubers, kayaker, and kick boat fishermen, not people who ride seadoos, jet skis, and that kind of PWC.
PWC's, wakeboarders, and water skiers are generally lumped together under the heading "Lake Lice" by most Bass fishermen.
Thanks for the input, Mark. yeah, I have struggled with what to call this...suggestions are welcomed.

I plan to get personally involved in this side of the sport and am looking at options that will allow me to also do some saltwater angling. But at this point, I am a complete beginner (as shown by my poor terminology) and am looking forward to learning more about yaks, etc.

This will be good rehab for my shoulder that has a new 8" scar from being re-built!
John Caulfield
Freelance Outdoor Writer
ASD

Post by ASD »

mark poulson wrote:John,
+1

Jhon
I got as far as the PWC an I was thinking to my self WTF :!: HELL NO :!: :!: :!:

Then as I read on I see that you were talking about our "belly boat" friends an thought it would be a great forum to have here. just need to come up with a good name for it

Belly Boat forum
Kick Boat forum
Float Tube, Kickboat, and Kayak forum
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

PWC cover a wide range of "Personal Water Craft" many of which serve the purposes that most fishermen have in common. Kayaks, belly boats, float tubes etc. And I think of of these can easily co-exist.

But the types that come to mind when you say PWC are jet skis, wet bikes, etc. and while we all love the water it is a very slippery slope greased with our crossed purposes. That slippery slop could lead to a keyboard war if not monitored very, very, very closely.

I have skied and played on most types of water toys and see that the compatibility of the sports on the water is a very thin cease fire agreement on most good days.

I thought I would be more tolerant, when fishing, of the other sports but I guess the few idiots in each of our different favorite water sports continue to fuel the fires between us.

I love these forums and wish for only the best. I hope your not throwing gas on a candle.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

how about "Personal Fishing Watercraft"?
John Caulfield
Freelance Outdoor Writer
GW

Post by GW »

I read "Personal Watercraft" and thought oh $hit....whats next a wakeboard section..... good idea bad title
KrazyBasstard

Post by KrazyBasstard »

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

John,
Friends of Castaic Lake has sponsored "Float Tube" derbies for years that include the same fishermen you want to target, namely float tubers, kayakers, and kick boaters.
Maybe something like "Float Tubers" would be a better title, since it's pretty well known in SoCal to include those three variations, and doesn't have the negative conotations that PWC carries.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
kb

Post by kb »

I think you need to call it the Belly Boat Forum. Many of the guys have graduated up from the traditional belly boats but they still call many of the clubs by that name. The forum should follow suit. Personal Watercraft is not a term associated with these fishing crafts!!!

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

Float Tube, Kickboat, and Kayak forum
This title seems to be the most accurate, covering the most popular types.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

If it floats and has nothing to do with bass it aint crap. :evil:
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Call it the "Tubes,Toons & 'Yaks" Forum.

Good addition either way, I do some kayak fishing so let's get this going.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

+1
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

LOVE the idea. Name needs work.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

PWC Bassin!

I don't git the confusion, it's a bass fishing website, why would we think otherwise? This was the first I've heard of this, never even thought about other PWCs, cool idea guys!
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

I really like the "Tubes, Toons and Yaks" name but have a couple of weeks to hear more suggestions. Thanks for all the input so far guys. Keep it coming!
John Caulfield
Freelance Outdoor Writer
ASD

Post by ASD »

"Tubes, Toons and Yaks" is a cool name but it won't show up very well on surch engs. This will "Float Tube, Kickboat, and Kayak forum" and will get the right people to come take a look! Just like PWC would get all the "lake lice" looking over here :wink:
anglersrevenge

Post by anglersrevenge »

Caudawg wrote:I really like the "Tubes, Toons and Yaks" name but have a couple of weeks to hear more suggestions. Thanks for all the input so far guys. Keep it coming!
I like the name as well.
Craig Huffman

-------------------
Former IGFA World Record Holder

Member: SCBBBC, IGFA, BnT
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

Thought about "Tubes and Rods" but that either sounds inappropriate or like it's for eye doctors.