los vaqueros

Luckyfisherman

los vaqueros

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Has anyone been fishing at los vaqueros for stripers? I hear people going there to catch some huge stripers. It will be my first time there. Will be on a boat. Plan on throwing punkers, bastrix swimbaits, and super flukes. Thanks
Tarpon120

Re: los vaqueros

Post by Tarpon120 »

I think the guys are targeting the stripers there with chovies. I'd like to plug that place sometime, but not sure when that bite gets going. Put up some results if you give it a shot, been meaning to hit this place but am looking for plug action. Soaking bait is not my thing.
frankc

Post by frankc »

hey lucky, ask them when they planted the trout last.......because the cove to he right as you go out on the boat is where they plant....i went out there eariler this year and caught nothing.....but good luck..........
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Well, just got back from Los Vaqueros, and am some bit dissappointed. I threw all types of striper lures starting with punkers to rattle traps. No hits at all on lures. Had to go down to using chovies in this one point that me and my cousin ankered on and caught up to 15 stripers all in the 15-17 inch range. No 20 lbers at all. Went to check in the boat and the casheier said that shore fishermans reported 4-5 10lbers. What a bummer. Maybe next time...