Upcoming CBF Event at Castaic - Updated Alabama Rig Ruling

scottsweet

Upcoming CBF Event at Castaic - Updated Alabama Rig Ruling

Post by scottsweet »

All,

I have reviewed the DFG rules and this is my interpretation of the rule:

You may have up to 3 lures, with or without hooks, with a max of 3 hooks on any one lure. Any number of lures beyond 3 is not allowed. A blade, without a hook, does not constitute a lure. A lure includes a swimbait, grub, a wood or plastic (hard or soft) anything constitutes a lure.

If you throw such an illegal bait and are cited by DFG, your catch will be DQ'd for the day. If a competitor files a formal protest that he saw you throwing an illegal bait, it will be reviewed and your catch may be DQ'd for the day.

Good luck to you all on Saturday...

Scott Sweet
Region 7 TD
California Bass Federation
Last edited by scottsweet on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Re: Upcoming CBF Event at Castaic - Alabama Rig Ruling

Post by mark poulson »

Scott,
It will be interesting to see how many people actually jump on the multi-bait bandwagon.
Please be sure to make note of it when you post the results.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
TCS

Post by TCS »

Ive seen striper fisherman use spreader bars on most of our so cal lakes. I dont think this is a ground breaking technique. I say good luck to the people that try. Given our crystal clear waters and finicky fish, i would probaly pass on having metal bars and swivels running to my baits but who knows you may have a good shot at first light.
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

All,

I received a call this morning on the DFG regulations. After re-reading through the regulations, it appears I did not read the full regulations and interpret it accurately.

A lure, based on the regulations, is a bait with a hook in it. If there is no hook, then it is not considered a lure.

That being said, the California Bass Federation as a state will be reviewing the regulations and making a ruling on whether it will be legal for all future CBF events.

Hold tight all :).

Scott Sweet
Secretary, Region 7 TD
California Bass Federation