BASS A THON was GREAT!

durobi

BASS A THON was GREAT!

Post by durobi »

Thanks Rick and family for a wonderful show. The seminars were outstanding and the vendors were certainly friendly and very informative. It was really terrific to have Jimmy Houston show up on such short notice after Bill Dance ended up in the hospital . That whole situation had to be heartstopping.
. Congratulations on your 25th Bass A Thon and for pulling off such a great presentation.
Kevin

Re: BASS A THON was GREAT!

Post by Kevin »

I totally agree! The Bass-A-Thon this year was the best ever in my opinion.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Does the A in Bass-A-Thon stand for Alabama Rig? This was definitely the year of the A-Rig.

The vibe was very upbeat this year. Nice to see the BAT back to full speed again.

I still can't get over how long Mark Rose spoke during his seminar. Over an hour of Mark speaking on ledge fishing, what to look for on your graph to how to fish the flutter spoons etc etc.

Solid show!
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

I was going to say the same thing--a great vibe. You could easily find a new trick or concept, or just get a mental adjustment on something you already like to do. Also heard lots of guys took the time to get some video "face time" with the media present and nobody cared a hoot about the rain. Bottle that atmosphere, Rick Grover!
Darth Baiter

Post by Darth Baiter »

Kevin wrote:I totally agree! The Bass-A-Thon this year was the best ever in my opinion.
+2! I've only been to 4, but this was the best!
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

It's a place where you meet up with some old friends you haven't seen since the last Bass-A-Thon. Tell a bunch of new lies and embelish on some old ones.
Oh yeah and there's a lot of really cool stuff too!
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
DarkShadow

Post by DarkShadow »

Thanks for a great eventonce again, Rick & Co.

Picked up a bunch of Keitech jigs on closeout for the price of Bass Patrol jigs.

Can't beat that with a bat!
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

John Barron said it perfectly. GREAT to see a bunch of friends and catch up a bit!! Great show as always. Thanks Angler's Marine.
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

Looked more like a coat hanger convention than anything
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

smpboy wrote:Looked more like a coat hanger convention than anything
Was it the biggest ever? No.
Was it better than last year? Yes.
Was it encouraging for the fishing industry, and, by association, for the economy in general? Yes.
You don't dig yourself out of a deep hole like we're in all at once.
Rick's show was a start, a hopeful sign.
Now, if the Govt. woud back a pipeline from the Mississippi to the Colorado head waters, the West would turn green, and we could become the breadbasket for the world.
Again.
And make jobs that would turn the economy around, based on exports again.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
offduty

Post by offduty »

Did anyone cover Bassathon? I thought Tackletour would but have not seen anything. Mostly looking for pics of new products.
Rich
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I know there was lots of video coverage from Wayne here at Westernbass.com. Keep an eye out for the next Magazine issue. Lots of great new product and all the vendors seemed really excited. Thanks again to all our great customers, vendors, employees and prostaffers who make the show the best in the West. Also a big thank you to Craig and Jason Sutherland from ABA, Jeff Robles and Andy Carroll from Pradco and Mike Bohn from Western Outdoor News, along with our tackle Manager John Deautche. Some of our sales have been continued thru xmas, so come on down. Hope all you and your familys have a great holiday. Rick Grover
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

mark poulson wrote:
Was it encouraging for the fishing industry, and, by association, for the economy in general? Yes.
Now, if the Govt. woud back a pipeline from the Mississippi to the Colorado head waters, the West would turn green, and we could become the breadbasket for the world.
Again.
I am assuming that he was referring to the Alabama Rig when he mentioned Coat Hanger Convention. Just a thought.....LoL
Darth Baiter

Post by Darth Baiter »

That was what I was thinking too. The Bassathon got even better for me when I found out that I won the Nezumma Rat family that was sitting on the table at the Triple Trout Booth!! :mrgreen: Not for sale folks, so don't even think about offering me anything..... :twisted:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

N.A.R wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Again.
Doh! That makes perfect sense. Next life, I'm coming back smart.

I am assuming that he was referring to the Alabama Rig when he mentioned Coat Hanger Convention. Just a thought.....LoL
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY