High School Bass Club

coachkevm

High School Bass Club

Post by coachkevm »

I wanted to reach out to the outstanding network of fishermen that frequent WB and are always willing to help out. I work at Saugus High School in the Santa Clarita Valley (near Magic Mountain/Castaic) and have started a club on campus to get more kids involved in this great sport that we all love. What I am looking for is a little help, I need some guys/gals that have boats that are willing to help take kids out on weekends and teach them a few things. I am working with Castaic and Piru to try and get entrance fees waived and the club is going to do some fundraising to help offset costs involved (gas). This is a new club and the interest level is pretty high right now. I currently have 8 girls and 6 guys that are signed up. Some have their own gear and others are brand new to the sport. This is the other reason I am asking for some help....many of us have some good used gear or have contacts that might be willing to donate product to the club. I have a few names and numbers already from Ray Leyerly and through contacts on Facebook and have touched base with a few people that are going to help but I am still in need of anything to help these kids. My goal is to turn this into something the entire valley (we have 6 high schools out here) gets excited about and to take a few teams up North to fish in the Calif. High School Bass Fishing tourney in 2012. If you have anything you can donate or know of someone that you can put me intouch with then let me know.
My email is coachkevm32@sbcglobal.net and you can always PM me here or just replay to this post.
I am hoping the MODS will make this a sticky so it can stay towards the top of the forum page.
Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Ron T.

Re: High School Bass Club

Post by Ron T. »

I really like what your trying to do. Hopefully this takes off ! Any intrest in involveing some of the sorounding districs ? Just a little east of SCV in Acton, Vasquez High . My son would love to get involved.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Sure we can get the kids up the 14 involved. All you need to do is have your son try to find a teacher that can be an advisor for the club and have that teacher contact me and we can get this rolling. There are some good things that are starting to happen with this.
Still looking for some sponsorships and help. Keep the ball rolling on this guys!!! What a great and supporting community bass fisherman are!!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Hey Kevin,

I think I can give up a day a weekend or two a month to take a couple of kids fishing. I run a 21' boat so I can take two at a time as well.

I will also go through storage and see what extra tackle I have that I can donate.
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

That is great Gary!! I am hoping to get some of the kids out in the next couple of weeks. I have a meeting with them tomorrow and will work out a schedule and get back to you. If you can PM me your contact info (email and cell #) then I will contact you to see if you are available.
Thanks Again
Kevin

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I'll help anyway I can. I graduated from Saugus as well!

Let's get these kids on the water. I sent a pm with my contact info.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kevin,
I'll bring some rods and reels to the next Club meeting.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

That would be great Mark!!!
Thanks and keep things coming!!
This is getting HUGE!!! I have other schools that are now starting to come on board and I am hoping to start running some tournaments with the kids.
Thanks to everyone for your support and help.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Thanks to all that have responded. I continue to be amazed at how the fishing community supports great things. I have had offers to take time to take the kids out on boats, I've had rods donated, reels donated and have had a guest speaker (thanks Hoollywood). The kids were excited to hear all the support they are getting. I have extended an offer to the other local schools and things are looking good for getting a club going at the other 5 high schools here in the SCV. I will continue to accept any help so that I can get the other clubs some of the same benefits my group is getting. Thanks again and email or PM me if you want to help in any way.
Kevin

dwise

Post by dwise »

Found a spinning rod to donate. Will bring to the meeting on Thursday. Do you need anything else besides rods and reels? How about line, baits, tackle boxes, tackle binders, weights, accessories, etc.?
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Thanks Darlene...most of the kids are new to the sport so anything that you have and aren't in need of will come in handy. I will see you on Thursday.
Kevin

scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Kevin, I sent you an email. I would love to get these kids associated with the TBF High School program.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Got your email Scott. I will contact you this week and get more details. I meet with the kids again on Friday and will talk to them about this. Thanks for the support.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Still amazed at the support for this club. Thanks to all that have offered to help in so many ways. Contact me if interested in helping in anyway.
Kevin