Ranger Boat meets it's match. Better safe than sorry.

WillCFish

Ranger Boat meets it's match. Better safe than sorry.

Post by WillCFish »

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zc9bj-x4N3s[/youtube]
Some of the guys think he should have gunned the engine.
What do you think?
WillCFish
Caudawg

Re: Ranger Boat meets it's match. Better safe than sorry.

Post by Caudawg »

Will: you only need to post your posts once in one of the "regional Forum" choices. All posts funnel into the "Main Forum". That's why your post appeared as a triple post...because you posted it in 3 different "regional Forums". I deleted the two extra posts.

Anyone who wishes to make a new post only needs to first select either a "Region" or "Regional Tournament Forum" and initiate a post topic.

From there...all replies can be done directly in the main forum---or--- in the Regional forum. All replies will funnel to the "Main Forum" regardless.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
WillCFish

Post by WillCFish »

Thank You, :D
flipstar

Post by flipstar »

Better safe than sorry. There is no fish out there worth risking a life over. Tournaments have been cancelled because of wind before. Good call not risking it.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

In 2000 during practice on Mead I pulled out of Blacks island with 7-10 foot waves and made it back to Callville. I was so scared I even forgot to turn the bilge pump on but My little itsy bitsy 461vs came through with me still breathing but very heavily. Got back to my room and they said on the news that winds were blowing 60-80MPH. Never did that that again. It's all in timing the slope and fall of the waves with knowing when to gun the throttle and steer diagonally in and out of the trough and crest of the waves. Still nerve racking!!!!!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Ive only been in bad situations like this three times, the first time was out on the delta launching out of 3 mile - I did "GUN IT" to be "ON TOP" did bad things like cracked my batteries and tore up my boat - ERRR

On Berry and clear Lake - chose to play the middle doing about 35mph and gunning as needed - riding the troughs etc... only speared a couple of waves :shock: Best advice from me is drive to your skill and comfort level - if your not comfortable timeing the waves and running the troughs, then best to slow it down and crawl over - also run the angles as much as possible and have your partner looking out for those rogue side hitting waves them be the scary ones - which is why Berry and CL narrows are nasty the waves dont have a pattern in these areas.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

been there at mead but much worse twice. My Ranger 519 held up much better than I did. I hugged the dock and said thank you and never again after getting back to calville. If i had to do it again i'd do it in a ranger. nuff said.

Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Scott, you should come fish ABA at silverwood this year. This fishing is getting great!