GOOD NEWS, Boat gas rebate form. SCGR-1

offduty

GOOD NEWS, Boat gas rebate form. SCGR-1

Post by offduty »

I just found out from a friend at work that there is a rebate form for gas that is not used for driving your vehicles on the road. Thats right a rebate for all the gas you use in your boat and things that are not driven on the road like tractors and heavy equipment. I googled SCGR-1 and the form from the California State Controllers Office came right up. This is for California, I do not know if it applies to other states but every little bit helps. With these gas prices 30 cents off a gallon is worth filling out a form, I know I'll be utilizing this form from know on. :D :D :D

Rich
Rich
Caudawg

Re: GOOD NEWS, Boat gas rebate form. SCGR-1

Post by Caudawg »

Rich, if this is true you may have just posted the "Post of the Year"!! I wonder how you can differentiate fuel purchased for your boat from fuel purchased from your tow rig?
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

From the FAQ on that website:

Is a refund available for the tax paid on gasoline used in a vessel?

Refunds of the tax paid on gasoline are available if the vessel is used in the ocean beyond the three (3) mile limit. Refunds of the tax paid also are available if used in propelling a vessel operated by its owner on waters located on private property owned or controlled by the claimant.

http://www.sco.ca.gov/ardtax_gastax_faq_gen.html
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
offduty

Post by offduty »

Caudawg wrote:From the FAQ on that website:

Is a refund available for the tax paid on gasoline used in a vessel?

Refunds of the tax paid on gasoline are available if the vessel is used in the ocean beyond the three (3) mile limit. Refunds of the tax paid also are available if used in propelling a vessel operated by its owner on waters located on private property owned or controlled by the claimant.

http://www.sco.ca.gov/ardtax_gastax_faq_gen.html
Looks like you are right and I jumped the gun on this one. I told my friend and we went to the website posted. It shows only applicable for commercial vessels past the 3 mile limit or freshwater on private property. My friend got $800.00 refunded last lear fishing in the ocean and he and his buddies have been using this. Sucks to be a freshwater guy I guess. thanks for the correction.

Rich
Rich
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

sounds like discrimination for us freshwater guys... especially you guys that fish tourney's !! and run big water... im sure we all burn more than 3 miles worth of fuel every trip ! and in summer when im chasing striper boils, i can burn a whole tank in a day.. i guess this is more based for commercial business..