Trolling Motor Batteries

jaybird

Trolling Motor Batteries

Post by jaybird »

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quality replacement battery to run my trolling motor (24 volts) Right now I have two blue top optima batteries with a regular cranking battery for the big motor. The opti`s are almost 3 yrs old, time to replace. Any thoughts? Thanks!
RipnRog

Re: Trolling Motor Batteries

Post by RipnRog »

jaybird wrote:I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quality replacement battery to run my trolling motor (24 volts) Right now I have two blue top optima batteries with a regular cranking battery for the big motor. The opti`s are almost 3 yrs old, time to replace. Any thoughts? Thanks!

If I were you I would do a search on this topic. This is discussed almost every two weeks... It seem those Optima's lasted you quite some time I would think that getting a new set of them would be a viable option.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Gene at The Hook Line & Sinker is the Trolling motor Guru around here. Give him a call 925-625-2441
OG on WB since 1993
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The highest end are lithium Ion, Smart battery 100 amp hr deep cycle marine; $1,300 each
High end AGM is Odyessey 31; $390 each.
Optima are made by Interstate, mid range $; 31 is what you have.
Tom
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Hi guys, good info. Thanks!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Go with the Blue Tops again if you can afford them and if you were happy with them. As you already know, they offer great performance, maint free, spill proof, fast charge times and provides long/strong power between charges...
If you happen to be running a 15 amp charger on them, go to a 10 amp if possible.. you might get more then 3 years out of them. A 15 amp charger can actually lessen the life of the Optima's... just an FYI ~

As stated by another, there are sooooooooooooo many discussions on this topic... lots of good info and options have been discussed in the past...

Good Luck ~
Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Costco batteries are the best been running them for a little over two years now and they are the same as when I first bought them and they are cheap.
bassman_04

Post by bassman_04 »

I can't afford $390 - 1300 batteries.... :( so what batteries did you use from Costco or do they just carry one type?
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

On third year on 2 Interstate batteries. I usually fish 4 days a week.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Costco has group 27 batteries and group 24. The 27 are 79 bucks made by Johnson controls and the exact same thing as a interstate, made by the same company, different sticker.
LL
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

40$ will get you an excellent Ups AGM group 31 from Wil-Power if you are located in SoCal.
If interested PM for contact info.
Tom
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

Sears has the Diehard Platinum AGM batteries on sale right now. Made for them by Odyssey.