New Lure Idea

TightLines

New Lure Idea

Post by TightLines »

Basically i'm into tinkering with all sorts of different lures and throughout my buzzbaiting sessions lately i've been thinking about how to attract larger bass so my latest idea was to take a 1/2 double blade gold buzzbait take the skirt off and thread a swimbait somewhere in the 4 1/2'' range onto it.

the water i fish is usually pretty murky and muddy with low visibility. (i either fish the delta or a private lake near my house that has serious pigs in it)

the idea is obviously gold for the murky water, double blades for more noise for easier locating, and a swim bait to hopefully attract larger fish. also double blades will help it ride up top easier.

was thinking of threading some sort of black / shad / or natural with a little bit of chartruse color swimbait on.

probably will thread something like this on there:

thoughts suggestions experience with similar lures etc are greatly appreciated and if u cant tell im a top water fanboy :D
DeltaBassBuster

Re: New Lure Idea

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

That's a cool idea I've been using 6 - 10" Berkley Power Worms as buzzbait trailers. I will have to try that one.
feelinminnesota

Post by feelinminnesota »

i've used brush hogs to some nice results. one buzzy trick i do is add half a senko as a trailer. it helps hide the trailer hook and adds several feet to your casting distance. i do this on most of my 1/4 oz. buzzbaits.
TightLines

Post by TightLines »

DeltaBassBuster wrote:That's a cool idea I've been using 6 - 10" Berkley Power Worms as buzzbait trailers. I will have to try that one.
i hear ya i usually use the zoom double leg trailers but i throw big buzzbaits usually a 1/2oz

feelinminnesota wrote:i've used brush hogs to some nice results. one buzzy trick i do is add half a senko as a trailer. it helps hide the trailer hook and adds several feet to your casting distance. i do this on most of my 1/4 oz. buzzbaits.
im not a fan of trailer hooks on my buzzbaits i like to throw em in some pretty heavy gunk so for me it does more harm than good. and like mentioned above im throwing like 1/2oz buzzers so no need for more casting distance :D but i can see how that would work for smaller ones.

---i just figured the buzzbait blades imitate a wounded bait fish on top of the water so throwing a swim bait underneath would work great. unfortunately i wont be able to try it out until this upcoming thursday or so :(
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Take it a step further, cut the hooks off 2 buzzbaits, attach them to the top 2 swivels on an A-rig, rig 3 weightless swimbaits on the bottom 3 wires. I thought of this the other day, I am going to make one.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

One of the first to offer this type of lure was Optimum; Ambitiuos Buzz.
http://optimumbaits.com/OB2/2008/10/132/
Several companies now make similar lures like Big Hammer and others.
Tom