Alabama rig makes mainstream news NBC

WB Staff

Alabama rig makes mainstream news NBC

Post by WB Staff »

The Alabama rig made it on the mainstream news.

From NBC Channel 36

A popular fishing lure called the Alabama rig is making novice anglers look like experts, but also causing concern about illnesses and injuries users say the lure causes...

Video clip from Channel 36
http://www.wcnc.com/sports/Popular-fish ... 34755.html
Bassmaster Elite Series pro Jason Quinn is featured in the video.
DanO

Re: Alabama rig makes mainstream news NBC

Post by DanO »

That spot ought to sell some Alabama Rigs in South Carolina...

DanO
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

I use it and do well, but they do have a time and place. It's not magic. Just to play devil's advocate, So Quinn knows for sure, by looking at one sore on a fish, that it is caused by an Alabama rig? So all the sores and irregularities I've seen on bass over the years were caused by the Alabama rig too, before it's invention? Like I said, just playing devils advocate... And yes yes I have had fish get side hooked or otherwise but curious to hear responses..
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Better ban Spooks, Jerkbaits and crankbaits. They tend to hook fish in the side if they are hooked in the mouth with the front hook. Happens way more for me with those baits than the a-rig.
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Tin Can wrote:Better ban Spooks, Jerkbaits and crankbaits. They tend to hook fish in the side if they are hooked in the mouth with the front hook. Happens way more for me with those baits than the a-rig.
I was going to say the same thing and yes If you take someone that know a lake like the back of there hand duh they are going to catch fish. And just the other day on the delta I caught a fish in his back with a jerkbait