Another Danny Miller convert....

Kelly Ripa

Another Danny Miller convert....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I got my Aluminum handled Red One From Danny Miller the other day. It took me longer to untie/cut off the useless.. :twisted: cord handle than it takes to install. I wish Danny all the best with this product because it goes beyond the fit/form/function that the producer of your trolling motor might have gone. As a machinist I often see things that are just the cheapest way to get something done. This handle will outlast my motor and then some....A more pure functionality you cannot design or build.... Hats off to Danny and I hope it's a home run...

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Cooch

Re: Another Danny Miller convert....

Post by Cooch »

Hey Kelly, I love my RED ONE! It also resolves that age old problem us MG users have had over the years of the retracter pins sticking as they wear a grove in the slot, no more stepping on the motor to release it! This thing is a home run of Bonds proportions into McCovey Cove!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cooch wrote:Hey Kelly, I love my RED ONE! It also resolves that age old problem us MG users have had over the years of the retracter pins sticking as they wear a grove in the slot, no more stepping on the motor to release it! This thing is a home run of Bonds proportions into McCovey Cove!
Gonna order one next week. More bling for da new Legend.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

The solid feel to the Red One, the longer cable and the bullet proof design makes it a must have after market product for your trolling motors :!: Nice work Danny ...
Danny B
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

Looks good, interested in getting one. Question to you all, how does the cable fit in the rubber groves on the cover (minnkota motors) where the stock rope is held, and where can I get one? Thanks
James
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Okay So. Cal guys, don't sleep on this one!! Just installed my Red One trolling motor handle on my MotorGuide Tour (took about three minutes!!). Everything about this new product is ALL GOOD!! Looked and compared it to the less expsensive TH Marine brand (side by side)... Both get the job done, but the Red One appears to be the best choice. The Red One is a bit thicker, stronger, and made of high grade stainless steel. Also has a bright red nylon coating (very bling!) with a very solid handle design. Yeap, it cost more than the TH Marine setup, but it will be the last trolling motor cord/handle you will ever buy. One less thing to worry about breaking during a tournament... Mr. Miller, great job!!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

If you havn't seen the handle holders that keep your RED ONE stowed while in the retracted postion or in the deployed position....check em out, great idea :!:

Danny Barker
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

I put one on my boat too! Works great.

To answer the question about the rubber grooves...the cable is too small. It will fit but there is no friction to hold it in place. I just tie a loose slip knot and let the plastic handle hang from the trolling motor cable. If you had the aluminum handle, you should install the provided holder so it doesn't go flying around.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com