B.A.S.S. Opens here next season?

Rick G

B.A.S.S. Opens here next season?

Post by Rick G »

Word thru grapevine I am hearing from some good sources is that there will be a Western Open BASS trail this next season out here. Supposed venue's are a 3 trail circuit with Lake Powell, Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt being the host lakes. Sounds cool, so keep your toes crossed. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
NvNc

Re: B.A.S.S. Opens here next season?

Post by NvNc »

Wow, Rick . That would almost make me try the Pro thing again.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

that would be cool. I dont get the schedule but it is all over the west. lol
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
NvNc

Post by NvNc »

4 1/2 hours to Powell, 9 1/2 hours to Rosevelt and 18 hours to the Tri-City area, assuming that's where they're launching. I'm in just because of that schedule.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

If true what a great schedule and hopefully we will do Powell In January, Rossy and columbia in December! Count me in!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

The best news I have heard in a long time. Hopefully this will happen and B.A.S.S. will not scheduale all 3 events in a 3 month period like the other guys did this year.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Those widely spread venues are for serious tour fishermen only, but three automatic bids to the Bassmasters Classic, and whatever number of qualifying spots to enter the Elite Series are high stakes and a truly great opportunity--for about 25 Golden Staters. But if EverStart stays, Lucas expands and the economy does not get some hops, how can this work much better now than it did when we were all younger and flush--and so many of our guys hadn't moved back East?

Here's to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico--we need you bad.
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

George i have to agree with you
i like the thought of BASS out here as well as any one
but the numbers are so low in all formats i think it will be the last hurah for BASS out west, a least we can hope the numbers will be up !
me i am going to do my best to fish all 3

walt kondracki
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

if they picked good lakes they would have been alright ...
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
kb

Post by kb »

I agree 100% Shaun.....go to two of the three lakes that have very little local support and expect to draw boats.....doesn't make any sense at all. The only way the win and your in works is if you fish all three so you better hit a home run on the first event and go somewhere that you will draw.

$4.00 a gallon fuel doesn't make Powell such a great idea these days and although the Columbia is a great fishery not too many going to make that trek I am afraid........Hobbs, Kromm and those boys are hoping I am sure!

I mean come West and not hold one event in CA is crazy........all about who is going to pay the big price for them to come!!!!

The permit Jamboree is in about 90 days so we will probably see what they might have in store for the West then!!!

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
davejk

Post by davejk »

Hope they come... The rumored venue may just be refreshing enough to draw more boats.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Well said Kent! i didnt want to be the one to complain like always but i think im the only one with the balls to call it how it is. Thats the worst schedule ive ever seen. Half the guys that could qualify for tour wont even attempt it. Lets hope they wise up and make a better schedule.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

littlebailey wrote:Well said Kent! i didnt want to be the one to complain like always but i think im the only one with the balls to call it how it is. Thats the worst schedule ive ever seen. Half the guys that could qualify for tour wont even attempt it. Lets hope they wise up and make a better schedule.

With the exception of Roosevelt, the other 2 lakes/river are awesome and would love to see a BASS event there and would go to them.

Yes California has a lot of anglers but not all events need to be based out of Northern California, there are many fine waterways here in the western us that are tournament worthy for a BASS event. Im sure it would be a BASS "Western" Open Schedule, not a BASS "California" Open schedule.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Hollywood wrote: Im sure it would be a BASS "Western" Open Schedule, not a BASS "California" Open schedule.
Exactly...
TCS

Post by TCS »

quite surprised mead, havasu, delta, shasta or clear lake are not in the mix.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Rick G wrote:Supposed venue's are a 3 trail circuit with Lake Powell, Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt being the host lakes
Question – does 3 trail circuit mean three different circuits each working from a host lake of Lake Powell, Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt?
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Marty wrote:
Rick G wrote:Supposed venue's are a 3 trail circuit with Lake Powell, Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt being the host lakes
Question – does 3 trail circuit mean three different circuits each working from a host lake of Lake Powell, Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt?
NO! It's 3 events for a western series. Much like the Southern Opens, Central Opens and Northern Opens!
scott h

Post by scott h »

I have mixed feelings on this.....I've had my fingers xd since 05 that they would come back lord knows I'd love another crack at em since I had some less than perfect tourneys and I'm willing to travel but not one event in Cali???? I think there should b at least one to keep it rounded.AZ in Feb,CA in April and WA in June would be smoking!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

scott h wrote:I have mixed feelings on this.....I've had my fingers xd since 05 that they would come back lord knows I'd love another crack at em since I had some less than perfect tourneys and I'm willing to travel but not one event in Cali???? I think there should b at least one to keep it rounded.AZ in Feb,CA in April and WA in June would be smoking!

what about the other states? Nevada, utah, new mexico, wyoming?? They all have world class fisheries that are capable of hosting a BASSMASTER event and have done so in the past....
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Hawg44Hustler wrote:The best news I have heard in a long time. Hopefully this will happen and B.A.S.S. will not scheduale all 3 events in a 3 month period like the other guys did this year.
+1
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Man...here we go again. Everyone now is bitching about the scheduale and lakes. First off what Rick posted is hear say, we don't know anything for sure yet. Secondly, the venues will change every year if B.A.S.S. is smart. All the complaining on this sight would be a major turn off to me if I were a B.A.S.S. big wig making the decision to go west. B.A.S.S. Opens are for touring anglers, you get that...TOURING. Shaun and Paul, I follow both of your careers and think you are both great anglers and guys but we all need to realize that quality of the fishery is not on the top of the list when B.A.S.S. picks a venue. Ya, I would love to see a Havasu or Clear Lake tourney but if we don't support them if they come back they will leave for good. I have fished the last to seasons as a co-angler on the Central Opens and I can tell you that Lake Lewissville is hands down the worst place I have ever fished, at least when they hold the event in February and its freezing, yet the tournament draws big numbers of TOURING pros because thats what PROS do, travel and compete wherever whenever. And it has been my understanding that final day weigh ins for all the Opens must be held at a Bass Pro Shops so that narrows down venues as well. Not to mention, B.A.S.S. considers everything west of Texas "the west" so they could have tournaments for multiple seasons on great fisheries and never touch California. Plane and simple, I fish for a living and in my opinion B.A.S.S. supports that better than any other organization. If we want B.A.S.S. to hold events west of the Rockies we need to support them and not bash them...I hope they come back!!!
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

No real vested interest in this, but it looks like all the ONE LAKE WONDERS cant claim a BASS victory in their backyard...schedule seems pretty unbiased in that regard...
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Are you kidding me? So called "Western pro's" ragging at a proposed possibility of making it to the Bassmasters Classic because of where they would have to go and fish? "Western" could be many of states and different bodys of waters. If I was a "pro" I would be freakin drooling at this possibility but guess you guys always have Won, AC and Everstart Championships to go for!!
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hawg44Hustler wrote:Man...here we go again. Everyone now is bitching about the scheduale and lakes. First off what Rick posted is hear say, we don't know anything for sure yet. Secondly, the venues will change every year if B.A.S.S. is smart. All the complaining on this sight would be a major turn off to me if I were a B.A.S.S. big wig making the decision to go west. B.A.S.S. Opens are for touring anglers, you get that...TOURING. Shaun and Paul, I follow both of your careers and think you are both great anglers and guys but we all need to realize that quality of the fishery is not on the top of the list when B.A.S.S. picks a venue. Ya, I would love to see a Havasu or Clear Lake tourney but if we don't support them if they come back they will leave for good. I have fished the last to seasons as a co-angler on the Central Opens and I can tell you that Lake Lewissville is hands down the worst place I have ever fished, at least when they hold the event in February and its freezing, yet the tournament draws big numbers of TOURING pros because thats what PROS do, travel and compete wherever whenever. And it has been my understanding that final day weigh ins for all the Opens must be held at a Bass Pro Shops so that narrows down venues as well. Not to mention, B.A.S.S. considers everything west of Texas "the west" so they could have tournaments for multiple seasons on great fisheries and never touch California. Plane and simple, I fish for a living and in my opinion B.A.S.S. supports that better than any other organization. If we want B.A.S.S. to hold events west of the Rockies we need to support them and not bash them...I hope they come back!!!

+111
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

LV Ba$$ wrote:No real vested interest in this, but it looks like all the ONE LAKE WONDERS cant claim a BASS victory in their backyard...schedule seems pretty unbiased in that regard...
Word up +1
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Guy Williams wrote:Are you kidding me? So called "Western pro's" ragging at a proposed possibility of making it to the Bassmasters Classic because of where they would have to go and fish? "Western" could be many of states and different bodys of waters. If I was a "pro" I would be freakin drooling at this possibility but guess you guys always have Won, AC and Everstart Championships to go for!!

Guy you have to remember most of these guys that you speak of that complain about the possibility of BASS coming back out west and the venues they are rumoring to consider have not fished a BASS caliber event away from there home lake/s in numerous years. There will always be complainers and the western us sure does have some fine fisheries that are not in the 200 mile radius of the Delta, clear lake, oroville and shasta...... So the one lake wonders would need to pack up and travel like the rest of BASS's customers do in all the other parts of the nation.....
scott h

Post by scott h »

Just for the record i wasnt complaining about anything if this rumor turns to b true im all in regaurdless, that being said i 100% agree with hollywood, there are other states with venues capable of hosting this caliber of tournement....Also yes there are a bunch of guys with opinions on this that never have and never will travel further than there home lake but the only reason i bring up at least one event in cali is there is a bigger group of core guys that are from cali......I wil travel to fish anyday and i have, so bring it B.A.S.S. i wil be there.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Hollywood wrote:
Guy Williams wrote:Are you kidding me? So called "Western pro's" ragging at a proposed possibility of making it to the Bassmasters Classic because of where they would have to go and fish? "Western" could be many of states and different bodys of waters. If I was a "pro" I would be freakin drooling at this possibility but guess you guys always have Won, AC and Everstart Championships to go for!!

Guy you have to remember most of these guys that you speak of that complain about the possibility of BASS coming back out west and the venues they are rumoring to consider have not fished a BASS caliber event away from there home lake/s in numerous years. There will always be complainers and the western us sure does have some fine fisheries that are not in the 200 mile radius of the Delta, clear lake, oroville and shasta...... So the one lake wonders would need to pack up and travel like the rest of BASS's customers do in all the other parts of the nation.....

if I go non boater will you clean out a locker so I can have some storage?
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

RipnRog wrote:
Hollywood wrote:

if I go non boater will you clean out a locker so I can have some storage?

for you, yes possibly!! Heck I will even make room for your gear inside the truck so you don't have to tie it down on the roof rack!
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

[/quote]

if I go non boater will you clean out a locker so I can have some storage?[/quote]

for you, yes possibly!! Heck I will even make room for your gear inside the truck so you don't have to tie it down on the roof rack![/quote]

If they come I will fish non boater... I will sign up with ya
kb

Post by kb »

Well I am not sure how many of you were around supporting the last time the Western Opens were here in 2005 but I was. We drew 149 to the Delta, 149 to Clear Lake and 100 to Shasta and that was after they announced they would not return in 2006 after the first two events. BASS called a full field then 125, cut the final day anglers to 35 and the Open Championship Qualifiers to half of what the other regions got.....and we either outdrew or matched many of them in participation.

With the win and your in Classic Qualifying there is one stipulation and that is you must fish all 3 so that makes it important to pull large numbers to the first event, needing a good draw lake to kick off is important.

If they are going to have a Western Circuit and put two in Arizona and none in California they are making a huge mistake. As the rep for a BASS sponsor I want those events in an area that can help us sell boats and use it as a marketing tool or our sponsor dollars are wasted.

As far as the final day weigh in at Bass Pro that is highly unlikely since there are no BPS stores near any of these lakes. Mesa is the closest to Roosevelt, none in WA or near Page........

There are always alot of guys that get online and say "yea I am going" but funny thing is you get to the pairings and never see them...never hear their name and they aren't in the standings!!! Might be a few of those here maybe! Some more that are fishing on someone else's $3000 entry fees and don't care where they go!!!! :wink:

I hope BASS does bring back the Western's and treats them like they do the other regions and they work with FLW so the anglers can support both......Not sure how many of you have made the run on Powell but it is going to be an expensive trip for gas.......

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
scott h

Post by scott h »

Bottom line is regaurdless of where they schedule tournaments we here in the west need this circuit.I for one have been holding out in hopes they would come back with the exception of the National Gaurd circuit in 07,for the guys that have sponsors to broadcast I certainly see Kents point of view on that aspect of it but for the guys like me who have no sponsors I WILL FISH regaurdless of where the events are held although I would like to see at least one event in Northern CA I will still fish either way.The opportunity to make the classic and the elites makes it all worth it its just to bad the gas prices are so high, I remember when the entry was the bulk of the expense now the gas bill far outweighs the entry.With that being said I am planning now and thinking positive and hoping to get the chance to fish BASS again.
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Bottom line is a will believe it when I see it. Until then, it's all rumor. Period!

That's from someone who did fish them, will fish them, and can fish them!
The Wanabepro
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

rickyshabazz wrote:Bottom line is a will believe it when I see it. Until then, it's all rumor. Period!

That's from someone who did fish them, will fish them, and can fish them!

+1!!!!

and you will show up no matter what lakes/rivers states and cities BASS brings you if they decide to come back out west!
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Here the way it should READ SHASTA CLEAR LAKE DELTA
Last edited by jiggin4bass on Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Look at all the haters jumping on out of the blue. :D :D :D :D :D gotta figure they had to get a shot in while they could. lol
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Jason Borofka

Post by Jason Borofka »

If BASS shows up ill fish and so will my freinds. Powell Columbia where ever I got my finger's crossed
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Thats all I am trying to say. If they come back this way I will be fishing them. I live in San Diego so no matter where the tournaments are held I will have lots of travel, already done 12,000 miles this year easy. I just hope the incredible group of fisherman that live on the left side of the planet step up because we have the best fisherman period. I have fished 4-5 events as a Pro from the front of the boat but after fishing with some good ole boys as a Co-Angler, including some "Elites" it is evident that the west, California at the top of the list, has the best fisherman period. B.A.S.S. coming west just gives us western anglers a better shot at really doing this for a living. All I can say is I hope it happens!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Any comments directed to my post I was just simply trying to make a joke. A rumor has to be somewhat believable for folks to weigh in.

I am done with the BASS dream personally but I respect any of you trying to follow your dreams. I just dont believe in the hype anymore and from personal experience fishing from the columbia river tri cities area to lake powell I have been there and done that. Remember we have Pedro,Delta. Clear, Shasta, Oroville,Berryessa, Melonies, Mead, all cabable of holding a 100 boat field.

The truth is none of these areas have enough money in this economy to be a BASS host lake.

Maybe the proposed schedule was a joke but I bit. yes I am complaining and in my opinion so should you all as the west coast has been disrespected for many years.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix