East Park Reservoir, (lake Ladoga)

SacRtrain

East Park Reservoir, (lake Ladoga)

Post by SacRtrain »

Im heading there in a week of so and plan on fishing it. I cant find any real info, so if anyone has fished it, anything would be appriciated. I know there are bass there, but no idea if they are smallies, spots or largemouth. Thanks,

Mike
Gary Dobyns

Re: East Park Reservoir, (lake Ladoga)

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I have not been there in a while. Largemouth are plentiful and some BIG ones. It used to be the only lake I ever fished at night. Lots of cover at both ends. The lake is a big horseshoe more or less. Great spook lake, jigs and forgotten big worms work great. No ramp but lots of places to launch off dirt....a little dusty getting to the lake but short dirt road drive. Have fun, pretty good fishery.
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

I have not fished the lake in years, there are PLENTY of largemouth there for the taking. I know one end of the lake has standing timber you can fish, if I remember correctly. And also you can usually get a few to go around the islands!
Hope you have a great trip!
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Thank you for the information. Ill post how I do. Im going around the tenth. Thanks again,

Mike
kam

Post by kam »

I fished it a week ago for the first time.I concentrated mostly on the southwest end of the lake , shallow water and tons of weeds and wood.I managed to crank around 50 or so (including a few Trout)and had a few on the frog.not a single fish over 2# but i saw a few nice ones.cool lake in a nice setting.Have fun!
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Well it went pretty good. The lake is like two different ones from the tips of the forks to the North end. The North reminds me of folsom and had spots and smaller largemouth. I cranked a 1.5 in shad for most fish. I had some novices with me and had them throw a pumpkin tube. Everyone I took out caught at least 3 fish. Pretty good for a bunch of drunks. I went out again solo and went to the South East fork. It was similar to the Delta with floating mats, timber and when you go up the creek, there was moving water, shallow grass and Tulies. I foung them on wood but had to flip and yoyo until one committed. I caught several over 3 with the big a little over 4. All on a Havoc pit boss. I also noticed a red craw hanging out of the big fish's throat. I left and went to the main body and started running points and rolling a football jug down them to get a few more to go. Last, I used a Sk 6XD in Sexy Shad to crank some nicer fish. I never caught anything on top but I didn't commit to the night bite because there were coors and washoos waiting for me. That place was great and I totally will go back. I think I caught 25 and the others caught about 15 total. Thanks for the advice.

Mike Rios
Richard - Sonora

So, Where Is This Place? Just Curious.......

Post by Richard - Sonora »

n/m
So, Where Is This Place? Just Curious.......
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Going back in a week. ANy reports???
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

Fun lake to fish, weekends it a big party lake.
Bonfires,music and holidays its nuts,but it dosnt bother the fish!

A cool lake to fish!

Flip jigs on the standing timber in the north west.
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Any ideas on forage/ color selection?
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Does anyone have any information on how low this lake got? I heard a rumor that it was nothing more than a puddle. As in less than 20 feet deep last summer. Just planning if I should take my boat this year
Garrett Charter

Post by Garrett Charter »

Yes, the lake was down to a puddle and most of the fish were eaten by Pelicans and meat fishermen. We had a 33 boat tournament there in late March when the lake is usually on fire, 33 fish caught total. My friend didn't get bit last weekend. The lake is full now is the only good news. If you do go you now have to pay $8 online to launch before you go or stop by one of the 2 stores up there.
Garrett Charter
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

ugh. Thats terrible. It was amazing the last time i went. Too bad, thanks for the info.
DDG

Post by DDG »

SacRtrain wrote:ugh. Thats terrible. It was amazing the last time i went. Too bad, thanks for the info.
Anyone know that current status of this lake? I'm guessing not good but wanted to check.
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

I am going to be there June 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th I will let you know how it goes
Larry Hemphill

I loved that lake!!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Ladoga has been popular for many decades. When I moved to Yuba City about 40 years ago, that was the first lake I heard about if you were looking for bigger bass. I got to fish it a lot in the 80's and 90's, including a few tournaments. There were several 10 pounders caught in those days, but fishing pressure was nothing like it is today. I guided on the lake for several years - day and night trips - with mostly good results. Lots of 5 to 8 pounders. I also heard that the lake was down to a big puddle last year, and really don't hear much about it any more. Even the years that it was full, the drawdown each year was pretty severe - it became a smaller lake pretty quickly.
DDG

Post by DDG »

I look foward to the update thanks!
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

I go up there every summer and bring my boat. Haven't been this year but I whacked them last year. Even after the drawdown. It was strange though, lots of smaller fish, none over 3 lbs. years before, the 5's were plentiful. Not sure if the low oxygen killed off bigger fish or what. I caught most on jigs, tubes or a crank. They east a small shad in that lake. Also, I'm 3 for 3 on trips where I caught catfish on jigs. Just be careful, there are LOTS of rocks to hit that are unmarked.
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

Well I am back from my trip and the lake looks beautiful. It is a foot-and-a-half above full pool they put a wood structure across the spillway to raise the lake level. There is tons of Shad in the lake right now and everything looks really healthy. Got lots of bass nothing over to pounds but I think next year those fish are going to be a lot bigger because there's so much food for them. The greatest part about it there are tons of crappie in the lake now and they're pretty good size. There weren't very many people camping since they charge now but there were lots of meat fishermen out fishing for the crappie. The fishing was pretty good caught most of my fish on keitech swimbaits and the water temp was 78 to 84
DDG

Post by DDG »

philip garcia wrote:Well I am back from my trip and the lake looks beautiful. It is a foot-and-a-half above full pool they put a wood structure across the spillway to raise the lake level. There is tons of Shad in the lake right now and everything looks really healthy. Got lots of bass nothing over to pounds but I think next year those fish are going to be a lot bigger because there's so much food for them. The greatest part about it there are tons of crappie in the lake now and they're pretty good size. There weren't very many people camping since they charge now but there were lots of meat fishermen out fishing for the crappie. The fishing was pretty good caught most of my fish on keitech swimbaits and the water temp was 78 to 84
Thanks for the insight! i guess ill have to wait till next year to venture out there then.
OPCEN1

Post by OPCEN1 »

Wondering if anyone has fished East Park Res in a while? Was thinking of trying it out a day before going to Clearlake. Any info would be great! Going for bass of course! Thanks!!!