What r the best weed less hooks 4 senko's?

W.C

What r the best weed less hooks 4 senko's?

Post by W.C »

I have been buying the Gamakatsu finesse W.G weed less hooks to fish the 7inch Senkos wacky style but hate the way they get all tangled up on the o-ring after catching a fish as well as other issues not to mention paying $6.00 dollars for just 4 hooks :shock: that sucks! Thinking of making my own but don't have much time. Anyone use anything better for less of a price?
FATGUY

Re: What r the best weed less hooks 4 senko's?

Post by FATGUY »

e the gamakatsu wicked wacky hook . it has a fiber weed guard. i like it better than the one with a wire guard..
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Owners wacky hook is good, not cheap!
7" Senko wacky rigged is going to hang up in heavy weed cover; it,s the hook placement that gets you in trouble.
You maybe better off using an EWG style and Texas / skin hooking the big Senko. This will allow the Senko to go nose down thru the cover without the line getting snagged.
Tom
mahoney

Post by mahoney »

todds moto hooks are my favorite for sure. he is a local guy and you can get them at monsterfishingtackle.net
http://www.OutdoorProShop.com/Moto-Hook ... o-hook.htm

there not expensive and are my go to.
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Be sure to try out the new CTH Double Wacky Hook , a weedless version is coming or already has , great hook or should I say hooks plus your Senkos last a lot longer :D

Danny B
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Such a good question, and where you fish will probably determine how "weedless" a deal you are willing to try. The most weedless are the most fishless, from what I've tried over the years. The physics of a wacky rig puts the point out front where it can or will get snagged. However, coming from the Westy Worm (two exposed hooks) Generation I'm about 50 percent of the time using nylon guard with the Owner or just going to a smaller beak hook with no weedguard. The bulk of its plastic blocks most of the trouble--but you do have to watch your line. And for the next question, do I care if it's one fish per Senko? Heck no! I'd buy a thousand more today if I could get that ratio. :wink:
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

GKramer wrote:do I care if it's one fish per Senko? Heck no! I'd buy a thousand more today if I could get that ratio. :wink:
You know I agree with that...
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I use number 4 ds hooks. I keep a 25 pack in my pocket. I break off.. I retie over, and over, and over...
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

Falcon wacky ewg hooks... Weighted or unweighted... 3/0 or 5/0 with the wire guard... love them!!!
W.C

Post by W.C »

Thanks to all that replied to my question . I have decided to just make them myself, it don't take much time and cost me way less plus r just the way I want.