GIANT PILING FOUND AT HOLLAND!!! Beware for more

revelation_04

GIANT PILING FOUND AT HOLLAND!!! Beware for more

Post by revelation_04 »

I went out fishing last night and on the way back in right at the entrance to Holland Tract we found what we thought was a beaver head poking up every now and then in the water. Well upon closer inspection is was a big piling. We tried to pull it out, but it was huge. A buddy and I jumped in and drug it over to the bank, but couldn't lift it far enough onto the rocks. It had to be 10" across and 10 feet long(water logged and slimy). Definately a bad deal. It would sometimes stay under for minutes at a time then poke back up. We finally just jumped in and tied my anchor rope to it and drug it in to Holland Marina. Just a reminder to watch out. You never know.

I always try to wear my life jacket/kill switch even when I am just cruising. That could end someones life or mess ya up real bad. Be safe out there, especially around that area. You never know if there could be more. My dad went missing 2 years ago while he was out fishing in Nebraska. Divers found him almost 2 days later on the bottom in 18' of water. He was a Marine and a great swimmer so no way he would have just drowned. No lifejacket, cause he never needed it. Just out trolling for walleye. You never know and at least you can save your family the heart ache of not knowing where you are. Tight lines and Be Safe.

Myles
Randy Walker

Re: GIANT PILING FOUND AT HOLLAND!!! Beware for more

Post by Randy Walker »

Thanks for the warning... WOW! That's a big speed bump there and could do some major damage for sure. I'm sure many folks would say thanks to your buddy for jumping in and trying to lug that thing out of the way...then for you guys towing it off...

Good post...

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
VJ

Post by VJ »

Thanks for the good work and reminder, you guys should feel real good you might have saved someones life. Thanks
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

Thanks. I agree you might have saved a life. At the very least, you saved somebody an expensive repair.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Thats really cool to take the time and move it, then post up a warning. Thanks man!
jeff bradshaw

Post by jeff bradshaw »

Yes thank you for taking the time to move it!
topdawg2700

Post by topdawg2700 »

Really awesome that you took the extra time to go the extra mile to help protect everyone else. God Bless yall for doing so.