Looks like a Trash Fish.
Garrettt

Re: Skeet's tips on fishing a Sick Fish

Post by Garrettt »

Skeet designed it?? thats is sick! NM
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

"The swim bait I designed"........This bait is getting a lot of attention. But not the kind I would want.
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Garrettt wrote:Skeet designed it?? thats is sick! NM
Skeet "designed" it the same way Jay Yelas "designed" Berkley's Basstrix knockoff, the Hollow Belly Swimbait.

Berkley made a deal with Little Creeper and are marketing it as their own. As Benno stated at The Other Site:

Hey folks, I thought I would clarify some of the speculation, and let everyone know that we did not sell out. I have known about this copy for about a year and a half. This is a sticky situation for me to explain, but I will say: We didn't get screwed (thanks to an old friend with integrity), but we didn't get a rich (or comfortable) either.What we did get kept us alive just long enough for people to discover Little Creeper and put us on a road to possible success.

Berkley does what they do. There is no good way to fight them (even if we wanted to). We feel that every minute we spend doing anything other than making our game better, improving our existing baits, or creating new baits is time wasted. I have only seen one photo of the Berkley bait and it looks a lot like my original trash fish prototype. It also looks pretty firm. We will see how they swim (especially at slow speeds) and what the colors will look like. It is a bit flattering to have a company think they can make a ton of money based on our design. However What do at Little Creeper produces a very different product than what can be done in a mass produced, high profit model.

So we will keep doing what we do. We will continue to improve the Trash Fish, and try to create new baits that simply perform better, and catch more fish. We will continue to hand pour our baits one at a time in the USA. This makes it hard to get wealthy but hopefully we can make enough to survive and enjoy our lives. Around hear we say: "We can't make them cheap. But we can make them worth every penny." We will do everything we can to prove it. Thanks for your support. It is nice to know people like what we do and want to see us succeed.

Good luck,
Benno, and the whole Little Creeper crew.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

looks stiff
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

How much is someone's integrity worth?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Another Little Creeper statement from The Other Site:

Hi folks,

This is Benno from Little Creeper Baits. I have seen some of the posts about the Berkley Sick Fish. I just wanted to clarify that the design was not stolen and we are not getting screwed by the big guys. When the our Trash Fish first came out I sent a few to Skeet and a few other friends who fish at the pro level. Skeet loved them and used them to great effect that season, he even was able to get us a little national attention because of his 5th place finish on Clearlake. About a year and a half ago Skeet contacted me and wanted to make a version of the design for the mass market. At the time we were struggling through our darkest days. I made a deal with Skeet that allowed him to use the original Trash Fish design and allowed us to continue making our Trash Fish. At the time we received enough to get us through those very dark days and survive long enough for people discover our baits and give us a fighting chance at success. We also have the promise of a modest residual income once their bait started to sell. Hopefully the future income will help us continue to keep going. Skeet has done his part to honor our agreement, and we have done ours.

I new when the deal was struck that Berkley would be making a very different bait with the same shape. To us the design only half of the story. The materials we use and way we make them is at least as important in making the Trash Fish (and eventually all of our baits) what they are. My hope is that people will be exposed to the design and get curious about what our baits are all about. We really appreciate that people have come to love and rely on our baits as a well made tool that fishes like nothing else made. We also are very humbled and grateful that people are recognizing what we trying to do and really want us to succeed. We are still a very small company working very hard to make the best baits possible. We are not rich, or even very comfortable at this point. But with your support we think we have a chance at a solid future that will allow to make many more baits that will help you catch a ton of fish. We thank you again for your support. We will continue to make our baits by hand in the USA, and do our best to continue bringing you the best lures we can possibly make.

Thanks again to everyone,
The whole Little Creeper Crew.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mark poulson wrote:How much is someone's integrity worth?
Sounds like Skeet did the right thing.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY