Tackle Shop that carries Lew's Baitcasters

USMCbassman

Tackle Shop that carries Lew's Baitcasters

Post by USMCbassman »

Hey everyone, how's it going. New guy here and new to the SoCal bass fishing scene. I've lived in the area off and on for the past 15 years and never knew what kind of bass fishing available in the area until I fished the 5th Annual Wounded Warrior Tournament at DVL this past May. I grew up in SE Kansas bass fishing (tournament and recreational), lost all my gear in a garage fire and just never got back into it, did a little fishing while I lived a short stint in Mississippi and then once I did that tournament the monkey has jumped on my back and re-ignited that fire. Now I'm in the slow painful process of rebuilding my stash.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...I'm looking for a tackle shop in the SoCal area that carries the new line of Lew's bait casting reels. I'm a huge curado 200E series fan and not sold on the new G series just from their reviews alone and knowing a couple guys who fish them. I've heard nothing but great things about the new line of Lew's reels and would like to hold/touch/feel one before I make any sort of investment. It would be even better to fish one, but again don't know of anyone running any demo programs. If you all have a shop in mind that might have them I'd appreciate any info.

To be honest I only know of 2 tackle shops (Last Chance in Hemet- a little far for me, but would make the drive if that's where they're at) and Anglers tackle in Oceanside, but I've been there/called them and they really cater to the saltwater guys. Can't blame 'em though being a block from the harbor.

Thank you....
Grant

Re: Tackle Shop that carries Lew's Baitcasters

Post by Grant »

Tackle Warehouse does demos and carries Lews but it looks like they do not demo them. They have an ad on the left side a little way down the page. Maybe you can find a reel you like.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/demoprog ... emoprogram
bmshepherd

Post by bmshepherd »

check out Tackle Warehouse for sure...call them and they will help you with whatever you need
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
USMCbassman

Post by USMCbassman »

Thanks for the info guys, I'm an avid user of TW and always have at least one tab in my browser with TW up. That's why I was looking for a local shop as I didn't see the Lew's reels on their demo program. Last Chance contacted me and has them; I may just run up there or "swing" by there on my way to BPS one of these weekends. Thanks again!
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

If you're heading to BPS to see if they have Lews, I'll save you the trip. They don't carry that brand. From what I understand, there's a bit of a rivalry with they guy who now runs Lews... he used to design reels for Bass Pro, so they don't want his products competing with theirs (Lews would kick their behinds!).
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
USMCbassman

Post by USMCbassman »

Bass Pro Shopper wrote:If you're heading to BPS to see if they have Lews, I'll save you the trip. They don't carry that brand. From what I understand, there's a bit of a rivalry with they guy who now runs Lews... he used to design reels for Bass Pro, so they don't want his products competing with theirs (Lews would kick their behinds!).
Thank you for the heads up on that one and very interesting. That wasn't the only reason I was heading up there though, that bait monkey of mine is a crackhead :evil: Plus my kids like going, gives me even a better excuse!
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

We carry Lew's Reels here at Monster Fishing Tackle as well.
Monsterfishingtackle.com