REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

For political discussions
Skeeterman

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

Post by Skeeterman »

What did you guys think about the RNC? What did you guys think of the speeches?Do you guys think Romney and Ryan did good?
Lets hear what you guys really think of these two and what do you think will happend on Nov 6th.
Greg_Cornish

Re: REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

Post by Greg_Cornish »

They were all pretty good. Romney's intro speaker was great. Mrs. Romney did a bang up job. Chris Christy (sp) - ehhh. Romney did arlight but his speech could have been timed better. Some of his best stuff was drowned out by the crowd.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Grumpy

Re: REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

Post by Grumpy »

The convention had a good tone throughout. The repubs set the bar for civility, inclusiveness, and kept things to their points with no distractions. Well maybe one distraction, I felt Eastwood appeared too close to Romneys speech. But I guess if you are to be distracted at an event like this you could do worse than Dirty Harry. Some of the best parts of the convention was the snapshot of Romneys life, all the way back to when he was 16, also his fathers life. They pretty much made him an open book, contrast that back to when Obama campaigned and what they showed of his past life.

Be interesting to see what tone the DNC takes.

My take on top three
Romney ....... 7 outta 10 Imagine the pressure on Romney to deliver. He is not a great orator but did better than I expected, you listen to what Romney says to be inspired not hope to be inspired by how he says it.

Ann Romney 9 outta 10 Not sure what to look for in a presidential candidates wife, a housewife? Steps in front of 40 million people and hits it outta the park.

Ryan ....... 8 outta 10 For a young guy, Ryan is cool as ice under pressure, never skipped a beat. Good delivery.