TOYS FOR THE TROOP'S KIDS TOURNMENT

Paul Baker

TOYS FOR THE TROOP'S KIDS TOURNMENT

Post by Paul Baker »

The annual Toys for Troops Kids Bass Fishing Tournament will be held on Saturday November 10th. The event will launch from Russo’s Marina on Bethel Island. The Christian Bass Anglers Fellowship (CBAF) has held this charity event for several years to collect toys for the kids of our military personal. Each participant is encouraged to bring a new unwrapped toy. Over the last few years we have collected an average of around 450 toys for our military families. The CBAF partners with the Toys for Troops Kids organization in the collection and distribution of the toys to local military basis. While we only ask for one toy from each boater we have seen truckloads of toys brought in by some. Some bass clubs make it an annual project and collect toys to donate. Each year we are amazed at the generosity of the bass fishing community as they respond to make sure these kids have a great Christmas. Last year the toys were distributed to many children at Beal Air Force Base at their annual Christmas party. The kids were greeted by Santa taxying in on an F-16 fighter plan. You do not forget the smiles and excitement on the faces of these kids. This is the highlight of the year for these kids many of whose parents are deployed overseas. Each year we also make time to honor our service men and woman during the awards ceremony. Please plan on joining us this year. For registration information contact us at paul@thecbaf.com or phone 209-852-0157. Registration forms will soon be available at Russo’s Marina, and Hook Line and Sinker. You can also go to our Facebook page "Christian-Bass Anglers-Fellowship" and double click on the registration form, right click on the enlarged picture of the form and choose "save as". You will need to select a folder to save it in. Once it is saved just print it out and send it in to our email address or mail to CBAF, PO Box 3, La Grange,CA 95329.
Last edited by Paul Baker on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DG

Re: TOYS FOR THE TROOP'S KIDS TOURNMENT

Post by DG »

What a great way to brighten a child's Christmas!!!!!!!! For those in Sac that can't fish the tournament and would like to donate toys, email me at da11@surewest and I'll make arrangements to pick them up or they can be dropped off at either C&C Marine or Gone Fishing Marine. This is always a fun tournament so come join us and enjoy the tournament and a awesome BBQ afterwards.
God Bless!
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

paul i hope you have a great turnout for the tournament Does gene over at the hook line & sinker have a place to drop off toys i will ups some toys too his store in oakley ca. for the tournament. Let me know
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Seananator

Post by Seananator »

How old do you have to be? I am 14 and support my troops. It is the least I can do to do this!
Seananator 8)
DG

Post by DG »

I would think you have to be old enough to legally run a boat if you want to come with a boat but for a "back seater" that's not so. "Hook" up with boater and join in on the fun! If you can't fish, we still need unwrapped new toys for infants to teens so why not ask your friends and neighbors to donate and bring a bag like Santa :D to Russo's on the 10th of November.

We appreciate your support and more importantly so do the Troops who's kids will wake up on Christmas morning with toys to open. Hope to see you there!
God Bless
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

What a great tournament with food and prizes. What a way to support your troops. CBAF and the Toys for the troops kids organizations are both non profit all volunteer groups making a difference here at home for our fighting men and women moms and dads.
Come out and join us bring some toys, fish, and eat a great meal.
Check out www.thecbaf.com and www.toysforthetroopskids.org for registration or for more information

See you there November 10th Cal Delta Russo,s marina

Jerry
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Yes you can drop off gifts at the Hook Line & Sinker and pick up your entry forms at the same time.
This is a great event
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

My team partner and I will be there! We love these events and we are blessed to be associated with them and to help any way we can! Thank for all the hard work you guys put in at CBAF and thank you to our troops!!!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Thank you Kent Brown and Gone Fishin Marine for supporting your troops, and your country. You guys have been there since the beginning. Bring your toys tonight and listen to Gary Dobyn's talk about the new tournament trail.
DG

Post by DG »

Jerry,
Been trying to call you but the numbers I have are bad. Got ur cell# from Billy tonight at GFM and will call you to see if you need me to do anything prior to the tournament.
Dick
<+}}}><
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Dick, and others
I have been having computer problems and my desk phone runs off my computer and the internet. To say the least this has been a struggle for me to communicate.
Please call me 916-622-5873.

Please if you have any questions regarding the Toys for the troops kids team event call me.

Thankbyou and see you on the water.

Jerry
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Although I can't get up there for this, just got back, and what a God's gift to bass fishermen paradise it is, my wife and I would like to donate a couple of prizes towards this event. Two 11x14 original pieces of art, of choice, from some of my 59 world-wide trips ($750 value, I'll send a selection to the winners to choose from).

One would be for the biggest largemouth bass caught, and one as a 'door prize', from a drawing of folks that are partaking in it (fishing or just donating).

May the Lord richly bless this event, again, as I'm sure He will, as well as the kids that will get blessed by you folks and your generosity.

Michael and Valerie Seewald
Seewald's Art Gallery
Del Mar Plaza, Del Mar, Ca
http://www.seewald.com
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Michael, Valerie,

Thank you so much for your interest in the Toys for the Troops Kids charity event. I have been working with this charity organization for seven years along with the Christian Bass Anglers since it's beggining. These two non profit all volunteer organizations are doing wonderful things for so many. Our goal is to spread the word of the Lord to those who will hear. and to help those who need help. We feel strongly about supporting our Troops and their families. Each year the bass fishing tournament generates over five hundred toys for the kids. We are trying hard to grow the bass tournament to generate more toys. Please if you would check out www.toysforthetroopskids.org and www.thecbaf.com and www.jerryfournier.com to learn more about who we are and what we are trying to accomplish. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,

Jerry Fournier

916-622-5873
Mike

Post by Mike »

Great Event! Wish I could make it this year but don't think I can get out of work. In any case I will be making my donation.
OG on WB since 1993
Paul Baker

Post by Paul Baker »

Zack, Dick and Jerry, Gene, thanks so much for your support. We are looking forward to a great day of fishing, fellowship and collecting the toys for the Kids. We will also have our Boy Scout Troop there and take time to Honor or vets and service men and women.
If you have not registered there is still time. Email paul@thecbaf.com for call 209-852-0157. You can also register at the event.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Sent certificate via e-mail. If you don't have time to print it out just give them me contact info.
Have fun,
Michael
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
49R Dan

Re: Otay Michael

Post by 49R Dan »

Way to step up ("my wife and I")... I know others have too, i just noticed yours... Great donation, IMO.

I used to fish Otay years ago when I lived in San Diego, I like Hodges better though. I've heard it's not so hot any more?
(your name is from Otay lake in San Diego I'm assuming)
2010/11/12(by default) Conroy Oakley Pro-Teen Classic Chili Champ