Lintner's Info from the win at Clear Lake

WB Staff

Lintner's Info from the win at Clear Lake

Post by WB Staff »

lintner.jpg
lintner.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Checked in with Jared Lintner for some Clear Lake fishing info after he and his partner Nick Salvicci claimed the 2012 ABA North Team Classic victory on Sunday.

The team weighed in 47.92 for the two-day event, earning the Ranger/Merc Package.
Lintner had this to say:

The fishing could have been better. It usually is in the fall. I go out of my way to fish Clear Lake a lot in the fall because it’s such a great place to fish at this time.

It was a lot different this year. There was no grass and very low water. It made the lake fish small. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many boats on the North side of the lake.

As for the conditions – the major thing was the grass being decimated. That is where the fish live and since it isn’t there, you have to figure out where they are at and what they are relating to.

Right now, they are relating to the bait – not the vegetation and not the structure; so we were basically fishing open water – not rocks, not stumps – they just weren’t on that.

Usually this time of year I’m looking for grass beds; so it was a lot different this year. You can’t just go out and find the big school on the outside grass and get 25 keepers. We got 8 keepers the first day and 10 the second. It was a lot tougher than usual.

After practice, we had about 15 – 20 spots to hit from mid-lake to the north.

We got half our fish on a swimbait, three fish on a Jackall TN/70, I flipped three and got one on a frog. My partner is the kind of guy that likes to fish for one or two big bites; so he threw the swimbait and got our three biggest for the tournament. I filled it in with the “trap” type bait and other stuff and that is really what it takes to win with guys working together like that. Your partner has to be willing to present like that working with you.

I used an umbrella rig in practice and got no bites; but if I was going this week I would absolutely try it. The air and the water is cooler and I think there will be more action for it.

I have to thank Tackle Warehouse – we only had one of the swimbait and I couldn’t find any at the local stores – they were sold out and they overnight me what I needed for the tournament.

Lintner and Salvicci’s won their event on October 21 for the Clear Lake winner’s info from the week before (October 14) click here http://www.westernbass.com/forum/clear- ... 80809.html