Question Regarding Stolen Boats

whazup

Question Regarding Stolen Boats

Post by whazup »

Do the authorities know, or have an idea, what these thieves are doing with these parts. This obviously is not some kids out having "fun". There is planning, preparation and stealth that is well thought out. All the marks of "professionals". Are these parts going to Mexico? Seems So Cal targets would be easier if that's the case. If they are selling locally, who is buying? Most bass fishermen I know would be very suspicious of "super deals". Then there are registration numbers on motors etc. Hard for me to see how they are making this worthwhile. But then, I am not a criminal.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
GW

Re: Question Regarding Stolen Boats

Post by GW »

I really don't think they are selling them locally if in the US at all. It would be pretty easy to fill a sea container and ship them overseas from the port of oakland...you would hope that major motor companies keep serial number of motors and if someone brought in a hot one for service it would be red flagged by the mechanic.
ASD

Post by ASD »

After seeing my boat yesterday. the people that did it took every thing !!!! it almost looks like they are building boats with used parts. They took every thing off of it. every nut, bolt, wire, hose an so on they even took through hull fittings. So the people doing this have a chop shop set up and are taking their time to get every part off.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

I think adding a tracking device on boats is starting to look like a good idea. Even on a couple of decoys by the police?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
davet.

Post by davet. »

Yeah, Brickhouse sells a selection of small GPS units, smaller than a cig pack that you can stash.
They're super cheap now days and you can find your vehicle anytime, anywhere on your own computer.
I think that would be WAY funner than calling the cops first. Maybe call after.
Check it out here:
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/produ ... &refType=1
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
biteme

Post by biteme »

I bought a bass cat that was stripped. They took every little piece! Even the console! This was done to this boat a few years ago so its nothing new. Pretty crazy stuff.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

davet. wrote:Yeah, Brickhouse sells a selection of small GPS units, smaller than a cig pack that you can stash.
They're super cheap now days and you can find your vehicle anytime, anywhere on your own computer.
Check it out here:
Ok guys, $169 is pretty cheap insurance for this GPS tracking device, and it will catch some of these low lifes.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Otay Michael wrote:
davet. wrote:Yeah, Brickhouse sells a selection of small GPS units, smaller than a cig pack that you can stash.
Check it out here:
Ok guys, $169 is pretty cheap insurance for this GPS tracking device, and it will catch some of these low lifes.

Well, I did some research on this device, it has quite a few problems- here it is in detail from some 'previous' owners:
http://www.amazon.com/Spark-Nano-Tracke ... B004PA1HLC

Anything else seem like a good unit?
Otay Michael

davet.

Post by davet. »

Yeah, I'm sure there's scores of competitors that are better. It's worth a look.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!