BOATS AND INSURANCE!

Dom

BOATS AND INSURANCE!

Post by Dom »

With all the shady insurance companies out there these days wanting to sell you a policy promising you the world then when you have a claim they pull out there small print and screw ya , Here is some good advice GO WITH PROGRESSIVE OR A COMPANY that will let you put an AGREED VALUE On your rig ! For those who dont know what an Agreed Value is its a policy for example I have a 1990 Champion 184 I have about $8,000.00 into it with purchase price and everything i have done to it plus my labor but I have in Insured for $12,000.00 Meaning that if I total the boat or the trailer They cut me a check for 12 g's No fair market value no BS check in hand! Also I have $5,000 in tackle coverage ONLY TRICK HERE IS if your tackle is in your boat the storage must have locks so if someone rips you off they are going to have to Break in to get your stuff. I have top of the line collision and comp as well as $300.00 on the water towing . I pay $45.00 buck a month thats $545.00 a year for complete piece of mind thru progressive . And in 12 years I have had about 3 claims and they paid every time with no issues . I have no interest in Progressive I am just a believer in there insurance AND AGAIN AGREED VALUE POLICY THEY EITHER GOTTA FIX IT OR CUT YOU THAT BIG CHECK its a win win !

Just thought I would share
Tight Lines Dom
ASD

Re: BOATS AND INSURANCE!

Post by ASD »

Well I am with NationWide. My boat went MIA 9/21 :( was found striped :evil: and I am now on day 57 and counting. For all you people out their looking for an INS CO. Just rember NationWide is "NOT" on your side.
Mike

Post by Mike »

BUT.... You have to Pay your insurance!! LMAO
OG on WB since 1993
biteme

Post by biteme »

Agreed this was important to me because of all the stuff done to my boat. I called Ken and Stan at 1800 bass boat because thats who Ive always gone with. I was shocked to learn that they would only insure it on market value. I sent them pics ect and it didnt change their minds. I found a good company that let me place my own value as long as I had pics of the work done ect. Must do your homework just in case something goes wrong.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Good for you Biteme, Yea I learned the hard way years ago about how insurance companies work that fair market value is crap who buys a used boat and does nothing to it ? I will never buy a new boat just not worth the depreciation to me and after buying used boats all my life i have gotten pretty good at refurbishing them from carpet to wiring and most recently I even did my own tune up :)
Tight Lines Dom