GOPRO Camera.....

Legitbritt

GOPRO Camera.....

Post by Legitbritt »

So i just got this GOPRO Black edition camera for the back of my boat to record when i fish, buuuut i was reading and the battery life is only about2.5 hrs. Im praying that somebody on here has one and knows what to do??? I mean do you just record when you think youre on good water, or is there a way to time lapse it??? I want to record my whole day of fishing, so somebody please help!!! ha
Revoke36

Re: GOPRO Camera.....

Post by Revoke36 »

I have an accessory plug on my boat so I just put it on the charger when I'm not filming. The most obvious solution is to buy multiple batteries. Post videos when you got em!
Support 81
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

Best to buy extra batteries ..I'm tryin to buy the battery back pack to see how much longer it'll last also.
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
davet.

Post by davet. »

Mine's not that exact model, but I have extra batteries that piggy back together (one battery plugs into the back of another) and you can buy a larger housing to accommodate the larger package.
Shop around online for prices. They can vary widely
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
swfongdds

Post by swfongdds »

I usually bring 3 batteries and 3 32GB sd cards when I go fishing. About 2.5 to 3 hours, the battery dies and the card is about full. I then just replace the battery and sd card and start fishing again. The good thing is I am off the water typically by the time the second battery dies, then the fun part of downloading 5 or 6 hours of video to find the 15 or 30 minutes of fish catching video. I hope this helps.
CoryKerber

Post by CoryKerber »

You can pick up extra batteries on ebay for around $8. There's no way around the 2.5hr battery life unless you run a cord to it.
swfongdds

Post by swfongdds »

My extra batteries are also from eBay for about the same price, $8 or so, and they seem to work fine.
Legitbritt

Post by Legitbritt »

Thanks guys! What mount is the best? And shall i mount it?
davet.

Post by davet. »

That depends on what views you want. I mostly just mount mine on a suction cup on the windshield. I also have a head strap mount, tripod mount and permanent stick on mounts that you can stick on your console or nose end looking forward or backward. Others make a pole mount that slips into the rear seat post hole for a higher and wider view. The mount configurations they offer are almost limitless when combined.
The hardest part is sifting thru hours of footage, editing, reducing background noise, adding music, controlling music volume, etc. etc.
A ten or fifteen minute video can take a week or more every evening to get just right. Even after completion, you'll find small errors. But the end result is awesome.
www.powerskoop.com
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

5 ft 1 1/4" pvc (i think) with a roll bar mount and stick it in your pedastool holster on the beck deck and the suction cup for moving shots. i suggest you get a small bouy and tie it to the camera because they do go overboard sometimes.
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

For sure, extra battery(or more) required. I can go approx 4-4 1/2 hours with one 32gb card and one extra battery pack. Or bring a USB cord too. I also use either the suction cup mount on the windshield or on the fiberglass gunnel. Also, I took a 1/2" galvanized flor flange and screwed it to bow way up by the trolling motor(on a Z-20 so there's a rubber pad there, also have one at the back deck) then I attach a 18"-24" , 1/2" galv pipe then handlebar mounts. I don't use the pipe in when running, though I secure it pretty tight, still don't want to chance it. The editing is fun....ugh!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Ken Sauret

Post by Ken Sauret »

davet. wrote:That depends on what views you want. I mostly just mount mine on a suction cup on the windshield. I also have a head strap mount, tripod mount and permanent stick on mounts that you can stick on your console or nose end looking forward or backward. Others make a pole mount that slips into the rear seat post hole for a higher and wider view. The mount configurations they offer are almost limitless when combined.
The hardest part is sifting thru hours of footage, editing, reducing background noise, adding music, controlling music volume, etc. etc.
A ten or fifteen minute video can take a week or more every evening to get just right. Even after completion, you'll find small errors. But the end result is awesome.
My problem is trying to learn how to do all this editing and stuff to come up with a finished video. I'm an old guy and have a hard time figuring out how to do this on my own.
Ken Sauret
Lowrance Pro Staff
Lowrance http://www.lowrance.com/
Yamamoto https://store.baits.com/home
Dobyns Rods http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Yamaha http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
Personal Web Site http://kensbassfishing.weebly.com/
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

Hey Ken, I bought a program called Pinnacle video editor for about $85. It's not super easy at first but after you cut a few, it's pretty cool. Also, if you have a Mac, their iMovie is pretty easy and I believe it's on Mac standard. Good luck bud!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
adman

Post by adman »

You have the remote with the Black version and you can use that to do some "editing" during the day. When you're not doing interesting things or just idling around, etc just stop the recording and then when you star fishing hit the remote and start it again. It will cut down on the post work considerably.

Also Adobe has a program, PremierPro which you can subscribe to on a monthly basis and use it for your post work. It does a great job and perhaps not too hard to use. No matter which program you use you will need a computer with specs appropriate to large file handling. Lots of ram big drive, etc.
davet.

Post by davet. »

My problem is trying to learn how to do all this editing and stuff to come up with a finished video. I'm an old guy and have a hard time figuring out how to do this on my own.
My learning curve resembles the Bonneville Salt Flats, so I did a LOT of learning by searching out Youtube videos. I still have much to learn and it seems like I must re-learn some aspects every time.
Here is 2 of my GoPro productions. They're not perfect, but....
Some here have already seen them.

Skeet's kid fishing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-HJal_lEyI

A rig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7caM6vHPTk
www.powerskoop.com