Oakley Big Bass Tour

Brian D.

Oakley Big Bass Tour

Post by Brian D. »

How come we don't have anything cool like this in Cali? Seems that they are pulling 4-500 anglers at each event. Seem fun.

http://oakleybigbass.com/
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
TomL

Re: Oakley Big Bass Tour

Post by TomL »

There were thinking about it. I was supposed to meet with them to give them some input to California last year at Lake Texana, Texas. Unfortunately, they were coming back from Arkansas or Oklahoma in the Berkley Big Bass rig and it broke down. We never had the meeting, but I heard they put the idea on hold for a while.

Brian - How many boats do you think they could draw in California?
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

I have been on their Facebook page before asking, "What about the West?"

Tom, Lets take The Bassfest, as an example, that took place last summer on The Cal Delta. If you have STRONG sponsor involvement, with low entry you bring out anglers that never fish tournaments. Oakley could pull 250+ boats here in the West in my own opinion if you have That same kind of event model in place.
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
TomL

Post by TomL »

Bassfest had a great event. I hope it stays that way. $50 a boat was the key in my opinion.
The Oakley events are $100-$150 per person (I believe).

We've had the Snagrpoof and the Berkley Big Bass events and I haven't looked at their numbers lately - but if memory serves me correct - It's far less than the number the Oakley events are getting.

I remember coming up from so-cal to fish the Snagproof when there were over 300 boats - that was a blast! Even though we didn't know what we were doing! (still don't)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

As a SWAG, I figure 250-ish ppl. Oakley Factory and corporate offices are in SoCal so I dont see why they wouldnt have one that is local. The Delta, Havasu, or some lakes in AZ would be big venues to host an event like that. Even with a $150 entry for two days, there are bands, food, and a free rod for each contestant.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Tony P

Post by Tony P »

I would like to see a tournament like the Ram Megabass Tournament that they hold at Falcon every year.
DanO

Post by DanO »

We had the Berkley Big Bass Challenge for three years and now have the Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge.

We have plenty of opportunities for great events here in our region, just need to participate.

DanO
adman

Post by adman »

I always look forward to the Berkeley/Yamamoto tournament on the Delta. It's great fun and different from all the others. You can launch anywhere you want (after check-in) it's 2 days, not expensive...why is this different from the Oakley big Bass tournament?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

DanO wrote:We had the Berkley Big Bass Challenge for three years and now have the Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge.
We have plenty of opportunities for great events here in our region, just need to participate.
DanO
Indeed the Yamamoto event here the past two years has shown great growth and potential. Looking forward to year number 3 in the spring of 2013.
Colebass

Post by Colebass »

Depending on the lake and time of year 250-400 boats in the west.
Dave Cole
oakleyfishing

Post by oakleyfishing »

We tried to make an event happen this year at Havasu and were unable to get it done. We will try again for 2014. We will definitely be out West soon. Thanks for the interest everyone.

Mark