What are the best ways to "Glue" Hula skirts to Grubs

MartinDeHaven

What are the best ways to "Glue" Hula skirts to Grubs

Post by MartinDeHaven »

Anyone have any tips to glue hula skirts onto grubs.I use mainly Yamamoto but like to mix and match the skirt and grbs.I wanted to make a bunch up of my confidence colors and have them ready to go but not sure what would work the best,Mend It,Super Glue etc.........
thanks for your help, Martin D
Jason Milligan

Re: What are the best ways to "Glue" Hula skirts to Grubs

Post by Jason Milligan »

I've found the "Gorilla Glue" super glue to be the best. It's also great for keeping your dummies glued to your A-Rig.
ALPHA ANGLER
PHILS PROP
SIMMS FISHING
TANDSDVBE
LADIES MAN CUSTOM BAITS
Fishingnut

Post by Fishingnut »

I heat up the blade of a butter knife hot enough to melt the plastic then touch the skirt and grub to the blade and then touch them together they become one when they cool.
Make one cast for me.
lead head

Post by lead head »

Just use a short candle little white one's with the alum cup you can get at dollar store.
In your right hand touch the head of the body to the flame just until it starts on fire and blow it out
In your left hand touch the skirt to the flame for 5 seconds and bond the two togather
Hold for 10 seconds and drop it. Done deal Just don't flame either end for more tan 2 seconds

Another way is to use a glue gun w/out the glue stick and touch both ends to the barrel just til the plastics starts to melt and bond the two wait 5 seconds and done deal
Marty

Post by Marty »

Hi Martin how is it going?

I have gone through the hold gambit of attaching a hula type skirt to different grubs and grub type baits (sweet beavers). First I don’t use Yamamoto hula grub skirts – they cost too much – I use the aftermarket BPS knockoffs. http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-X ... uct/21262/

I have tried both superglue and a small soldering iron but the best is “Mend-It”. I also tried tying a rubber type skirt to a darter head hook which most grubs are mounted on. This worked real good for me and changing the type of grub is fast and easy.

What I’m doing now is using a punch skirt (Paycheck) and Trokar Wide Gap Hook with a Tungsten weight. I put a Sinker Stopper on my line, then the weight follow by the skirt and tie to hook. This way I can put any grub, soft bait, or worm I want – give it a try.

Good fishing
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

You could go to the original spider jig double tail and skirts from Canyon Plastics baits; $5 for 20 each. No reason to "glue" these together. If you want the skirt welded to the grub, then use a Wormizer tool to tac the skirt to the grub.
Tom
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I use a soldering iron with a flat blade, held vertical in a wood jawed screw clamp and with the trigger held on with a piece of masonite cut in a square U.
When the blade is hot, hold the end of the grub body on one side and the end of the skirt on the other, touch them both to the hot blade, and then slide them off together so the melted ends touch. Hold them for a count of ten, and they should be ready. Or have a tupperware with water in it to quench them and get them cold quicker.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

try the lock tite gel super glue
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

small portable soldering gun in my vice that uses butane lighter fluid, small and works great touch 1 end of each to tip the touch them together for a second and you are done
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I also do not glue them together, when i was a non boater i kept 3 bags of hula skirts , brown, blck, and green pumpkin. I would match them with my Dbl tail grubs - to save space in my boater box. It turned out one of my best configurations was the double double, a green pumpkin hula skirt on a cinnamon purple hula grub - :P

The pro-line jig heads are great they have a double ring for keeping the skirts and grubs together - just thread that hula head on first and mash they grub body up against it, they will stay put until you get THUNKED -

if you are going to glue - mend it works really well.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/