Trolling Motor pull cord replacment

W.C

Trolling Motor pull cord replacment

Post by W.C »

I just thought I would let you guys know if your pull cord to your trolling motor busts or is getting ready too and you are thinking of replacing it with the metal plastic coded cable like (The R** One) that is selling for in my opinion a crazy freaken price :? , That isn't your only choice...
I went out to Home Depo and bought the plastic coded cable and crimp clamps for less than 4 dollars and only took me 30 minutes to install. so far it is working awesome and is much better than the old lawn mower type cord that came with the Motorguide 109 digital that I have. Save your Money because time are tuff and I for one ain't rich. Just wanted to give you guys the idea I had and hope it works for you. But on the other hand if you are rich and like to blow your money, send me $100 dollars and I'll make you one to match your bass boat!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: just kidding.

Tight Lines and God Bless.
Will C.
jazzwannabe

Re: Trolling Motor pull cord replacment

Post by jazzwannabe »

Will, can you post some pictures of your project, especially the crimp clamps?
Golden Empire Bass Club
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Another cost effective choice..... Went to Lowes and bought a bundle of Paracord. I can replace my trolling motor pull cord a bunch a times for less then $10!
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
W.C

Post by W.C »

jazzwannabe
I didnt take any pictures of what I did but its really not hard at all. just go to Home Depo get 4 ft. of coded cable in the colors they have availabe there and the clamps that you crimp.... if you P.M me your cell no. I'll take some pictures of it and send them. I don't know how to post them on here.... for some reason it isn't easy for me to post picture on here. :oops:
rmd

Post by rmd »

You can go to TackleWarehouse and buy a GForce Trolling motor handle for $30.00
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

rmd wrote:You can go to TackleWarehouse and buy a GForce Trolling motor handle for $30.00
That's the one I got. Seemed like a reasonable median between the $90 version and the one you gotta put together yourself. Very happy with it although I've been fore warned that the cables will wear out the metal insert rings on the trolling motors in time
Support 81
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

You can always go up one size in rope and buy it in bulk. This will last many years. This will give you an extra cord for your boat tool box in case of emergencies. Also, lube the pivots on your mount regularly. It makes me cringe when guys have to stomp on their mount when pulling the cord. Lack of maintenance kills a lot of cords and scares a lot of fish.
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

I did this four years ago. Good idea.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!