Best frog angler...???

Chue Chang

Best frog angler...???

Post by Chue Chang »

Who is the best frog angler in your opinion?

I hear names like dean rojas, bobby barrack and ish monroe most. I want to look into some videos or articles of the best frog angler for reference as i have never fished a frog before and want to try them out come summer time.

Thanks.
bassrman

Re: Best frog angler...???

Post by bassrman »

I would have to say, Bobby Barrack, he was winning tourneys with frogs, before Ish & Dean ever got started in bass tourneys!....
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Not to disparage the other guys one bit, Bobby has certainly earned his moniker as "The Frog King". Be sure to check out one of his seminars on the tank at next year's Long Beach Fred Hall show.
Caveman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image Image
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

A couple of frog vidz by the anglers you mentioned - to get started with

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://youtu.be/daslifSIWcI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tJ0K00DBFjI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/V9WxMhVbocU[/youtube]
G-Ko

Post by G-Ko »

Hands down Bobby Barrack....

In my opinion, everyone else learned from him. He is still throwing it more than anyone and is the best. I have fished with him to see him in action and his seminars are amazing.

From there there are quite a few that are good with a frog. Ish, Dean, and Fred are all names that are in the public eye with BASS, but if you look at a few names just on the Delta and Clear Lake I think you could find some that are just as good with a frog and don't get the recognition. Bobby is far and away ahead of them all.

Greg
Contact me at Kosich & Callahan Insurance for a free quote for home, auto, boat, or Business Insurance.

GKosich@Kosich.com
925-284-3911
george

Post by george »

I have had the opportunity and pleasure of fishing with Bobby a few times and he is a magician with the frog, he taught me how too and how not too throw a frog in all situations and really gave me insight on what a bass was thinking when looking at a from a fishes view.
He showed me how to make a frog better with a few adjustments and when to throw em!
I even got a chance to see him get fish to eat frogs in mid winter, I could not believe it but he got em to go!

Ish and Dean are pretty phenomenal also but on the delta or Clear Lake I would take Bobby over everyone! If you really take a good look at Bobby and the way he is built I think he was a bull frog in his past life!!! LOL
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

G-Ko, back in the day, it was Kim Manning who won three consecutive Delta tournaments here on a frog that opened our eyes. What ever happenned, to that guy?

Bobby's passion for the frog and tournament success is second to none. Bobby prolly has more video's with key insights on how to fish that bait, than all them other previously named anglers, combined!
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

Bobby use to work with my dad 20 years ago and took us out bass fishing quite a few times. I was hooked right away. He showed us how to fish a frog, spinner bait and rattle traps. I vividly remember him callin his shots with his frogs and sure enough, fish on! He had some top secret methods back then that my dad and I still honor to this day that he shared with us. We are pleased that he has made a living off full time fishing and we hold his frog fishing abilities in high regard. It took my 16 years to get my own bass boat and I am very thankful Bobby introduced us to the delta and bass fishing. So naturally, he has our vote for best frog angler
Support 81
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

A few more frog tossers worth mentioning " how about Gary Dobyns! he has won several boats throwin a frog! Mark Rizk" saw him weigh in a 40+ bag at CL on the frog! , Robert Lee ! Double G! & a few more I can't recall
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

I recommend if you want to learn how to fish the frog to hire Bobby for a day and then when you're done go a few houses down Sandmound and hire Cooch to teach you how to throw a jig. :D