Clear Lake Bass release?

Morgan

Clear Lake Bass release?

Post by Morgan »

Why do they make you take the fish out 2 miles to release. I would think since many of the fish this time of year are in spawn mode and taken from beds, that releasing them closer to shore so they could either make another bed or take over one would be better for the fishery? I could see it during the other months (June through January). Thoughts?

Morgan
CBS

Re: Clear Lake Bass release?

Post by CBS »

My guess its a strategy by fish and game to mitigate predation of the Hitch by the non native predators, less bass more hitch. You know everyone loves catching Hitch..... :?
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

Most orgs don't want a bunch of dead, marginally well and fish in need of deflation floating around the weigh in site. Also deeper water is cooler and better for the fish after being caught and released. I have also seen people attempting to net or hand grab released fish and take them home for dinner.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

crawdaddy wrote:Most orgs don't want a bunch of dead, marginally well and fish in need of deflation floating around the weigh in site. Also deeper water is cooler and better for the fish after being caught and released. I have also seen people attempting to net or hand grab released fish and take them home for dinner.
deeper being the relative term here. 8' instead of 6'. :? :lol:

Hi Morgan.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

How about boat traffic. There will be quite a few props around the weighin site.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Well I was thinking not near the weigh-in, but still close to shore.

Morgan