Bass Club Classic

davet.

Bass Club Classic

Post by davet. »

Our club recently received an invite to The Bass Club Classic on the California Delta. At first it looked like a great event. Very generous and well put together, with the idea of crowning the best bass club in the area or state or whatever.
I know their hearts are in the right place, with 100% payback, food, etc., and I was all in until I saw that it was being put on by the Delta Bass Club of Brentwood. That's when I just hit the brakes.
C'mon guys, talk about a home field advantage. It's not about the best bass club, it's about who's best on the Delta and that's all you guys fish.
If you wanted to level the playing field and maybe get more entries, make it Berryessa or some other more neutral waters.
If you really want to be humbled, make it Folsom.
Anyway, I know you guys and gals are trying to do the right thing and I do appreciate that, but until you put it on a more neutral waters, I'm out.
Hope you do well anyway.

Dave.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
201Pro

Re: Bass Club Classic

Post by 201Pro »

Dave, I belong to the Delta Bass Club. But also belong to the Santa Clara Bass Classics; which held the Top-Six tournament for the longest time. It was the Club Classic before the club classic. At first, the Classics held it on the Delta. Then people said it was too much of a home field advantage. So we moved it to Clearlake. Results were similar. Point is, it's fishing ... we have people in the Delta Bass Club who can catch'em and catch'em good on a daily basis. But many of us, me included, can find them one day and not the next. If you look at the results, the Delta Bass Club did have not won it every year. So ... bottom line is, come enjoy the brotherhood of fishing ... do the best you can and enjoy the event.
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
jmats

Post by jmats »

Delta Bass club does a fantastic job with this event! Its a lot of fun! my club fishes in this event. Have you ever fished the delta? There is no such thing as home field advantage here...Delta bass club is great bunch of guys and its a really fun event. No, they don't win every year. Look at the yearly end result Sacramento bass Wranglers have won a couple, delta bass club has won a couple, there are two other clubs that have won it. Anyone can win it. I came in with the third largest sack of the tournament the first time i ever fished it and in no way do i come close to be considered a "delta rat." Bottom line is don't dog it until you try it. After all its still fishing and for 60 bucks lunch, tournament, cooch is the MC. Their are some pretty awesome raffle prizes! Its A GREAT EVENT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. After all where else are you going to get competition, good people, good food and some pretty nice hard ware if your worthy of accepting the challenge. :D HATS OFF TO THE DELTA BASS CLUB! Looking forward to fishing it in the future against the Delta bass club and all the other clubs that don't chicken out. :D hahaha
davet.

Post by davet. »

I'm not "dogging" it. You're confusing dogging with concern.
You missed the part where I repeated that I'm sure your hearts are in the right place and I'm sure it's gonna be a great event.
If I do any "dogging", I won't hide it with niceness, as many here already know.
K, you've got my renewed attention, but I think the date conflicts with our own TOC, so that may hinder our participation.
I would surely like to be represented with our best anglers (Folsom Bass Team).
Someone asked if I had ever fished the delta? Is that in California?
I'm not sure, I may have a map under my Stockton Bass trophies I could look at and get back to ya. :D
www.powerskoop.com
Bassphish

Post by Bassphish »

Hello Dave,
Thanks for taking an active interest in the 9th Annual Club Classic on the California Delta. I am member of the Tournament Committee, and the person who sent out the invitations to presidents of all the clubs.
To answer a few of your questions, "Yes" the Club Classic is on the Delta, arguably the best fishery in the nation. "Yes", Delta Bass Club is proud to host this event, and do so because it's fun, builds camaraderie, and brings pride in "belonging to a club” as we chase those little green fish. Last year’s Classic consisted of eight (8) clubs and was once again a success! And "No" Folsom Bass Team has a "To Be Decided" or "Open date" the day of the Club Classic per their website.
Again much thanks Dave, for putting the 9th Annual Club Classic in the forefront of discussion. Delta Bass Club and fellow Club Classic participants look forward to having Folsom Bass Team participate in this year’s event!
By the way, here are the previous winners of the Classic;
2012 Sacramento Bass Wranglers
2011 Delta Bass Club
2010 Sacramento Bass Wranglers
2009 Delta Bass Club
2008 West Valley Bassmasters of Tracy
2007 Fresno Bass Club
2006 West Valley Bassmasters of Tracy
2005 Delta Bass Club
Good fishing,
JB
davet.

Post by davet. »

And "No" Folsom Bass Team has a "To Be Decided" or "Open date" the day of the Club Classic per their website.
That is not an "open date". That means our TOC is that weekend, the location is TBD (to be determined).
I would love to have our best out there. But this is a conflict.
Lucky for you :D
www.powerskoop.com