First time on delta...HELP

MB916

First time on delta...HELP

Post by MB916 »

Hey guys thanks for checking my post. MovIng away from the reseviors and to the delta for the first time. Coming from Sacramento, think of going to franks or walnut grove. Just looking for some sloughs to hit up. Not looking for anyone's honey hole just some places where I can get into some fish. Thinking of throwing jerkbaits, spinners, and soft plastics. Any tips on location and baits would be awesome. Maybe jigs too? Much thanks to any info.
kb

Re: First time on delta...HELP

Post by kb »

Come on down I-5 to Eight Mile Road and there are three marina's you can launch from and there are fish all over those areas. Paradise Point, King Island and Herman and Helens......the worst ramp is H&H but the others are fine to launch and no big water to run. Fish on the islands and the rock walls, topwater, Senkos, punchin will all work and you are in one of the best areas of the Delta.......

Good Luck
kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

You don't have to stray too far from reservior tactics. Dropshot on 12lb line, weightless senkos, brushhogs, Sweet Beavers, will all work at times. shallow cranks. Look for weedlines with 3 to 5 ft of water. You can throws Spooks and poppers too. Weed and algae is growing in and covering the shallow areas as we speak. Frogs and punching are in play. The breeze is your friend....

Good luck.
Dean89

Post by Dean89 »

check yor PMs.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

Dean89 wrote:check yor PMs.
Share the knowledge :|
Support 81
Dean89

Post by Dean89 »

Revoke36 wrote:
I told him if he is looking for someone to learn the delta with, Im in the same boat as him(no pun intended). 0% Delta knowledge here
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

Dean89 wrote:
Revoke36 wrote:
I told him if he is looking for someone to learn the delta with, Im in the same boat as him(no pun intended). 0% Delta knowledge here
Doh! Thought maybe you had some top secret pattern goin on :mrgreen:
Support 81