Lake Mead Echo Bay ?

Rick G

Lake Mead Echo Bay ?

Post by Rick G »

is the ramp there still usable? Heard no courtesy dock but can you still launch there? Any Vegas guys out there? Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
TXRIGGED

Re: Lake Mead Echo Bay ?

Post by TXRIGGED »

Rick,
I know they've been holding the water level pretty steady for the last month. I remember launching there many times when the water level was even lower than what it is now....so I suspect you can still launch there. If it's not open, I'll give you a heads up. I'm out in TX now and haven't been out there for a couple months now.

You might want to call the park. I don't have the # handy..but I'll probably call.

Hope all is well and we'll see you next month at the Open.

Ernie
tbob

Post by tbob »

The articles I can find all say the marina operations are shut down until they can work out a new deal with Forever Resorts, or a new marina concessionaire. But all the articles I saw all said that you should be able to launch. The Nevada Department of Wildfife will know as will the National Park Rangers office.

There is no fuel dock or marina or on the lake for a long ways, so you need to carry everything you will need with you, but you probably do anyway. One article I read said something appropriate for Rick...."The Park Service is maintaining a Ranger presence at Echo Bay", which to seems very appropriate for California's largest Ranger bass boat dealer.

Here is a link. http://mvprogress.com/2013/02/06/echo-b ... es-remain/
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

You have to launch from the low water ramp, which is a dirt ramp. Not a big deal, but no courtesy dock and it does suck a little being in the dirt.
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
meadbasser

Post by meadbasser »

Hello Rick. The main ramp is closed but I did see boats launch on a desert dirt ramp on the left side of the closed ramp last week. Good luck.
Ray Coleman

Post by Ray Coleman »

I was out there last weekend and the ram is useable but I would do it again. Have to back out to far with your truck and the opening out to the lake is tight. I saw folks using the other ramp so I assume it was good.
Good luck
Ray Coleman
Ray Coleman

Post by Ray Coleman »

"Wouldn't"do it ... Love auto type. Sorry
tmyers

Post by tmyers »

Club launched week before last, about a 500 yard dirt road to the alternate launch. They had a courtesy dock and launching was fine. Road was getting a little washboard.
Tim Myers
www.nevadabassfederation.com