Trolling motor prop

DG

Trolling motor prop

Post by DG »

Yesterday I broke my 2 blade Motorguide prop and was wondering which one I should replace it with. Is the 2 blade any better than a 3 blade prop :?: :?: I had a 3 blade replacement in the boat and after putting it on, didn't notice much difference from the 2 blade. I'm sure there's reasons for both but which one is best for overall use?
Thanks
DG
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
fish_food

Re: Trolling motor prop

Post by fish_food »

Generally, two bladed props provide more thrust and are more efficient. The three and four blade props are more weedless but offer less thrust.
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Depends on the motor, 3 blade rules on the high thrust foot controls 24 volts up..say 50lbs and up.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Bassin

Post by Bassin »

All around prop? I would say The Machete Iii . I use it and keep a spare in the boat.
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Go with the MG 2 blade Safari prop it is much more weedless and gives you plenty of trust.
DG

Post by DG »

Thanks guys for all the input. I'll try both for awhile and see if I can tell the difference between the two and three blade. It kinda sounds like either one is OK and like many things, it's personal preference. :? :?
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><