cachuma

mark poulson

cachuma

Post by mark poulson »

My buddy says Cachuma is looooow! The State reservoir report says it's done 75'+-.
Has anyone fished it lately?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Re: cachuma

Post by Brian D. »

Cant help you there Mark. Us fisherman below the 10 Fwy can't get our boats on that lake without a quarantine.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
pete gardner

Post by pete gardner »

I drove by about two weeks ago and it is as low as I have ever seen it. I have been fishing it since 1970, but not since the quaggggga.
knight

Post by knight »

Man, you guys outta see Casitas.Pretty soon they're going to be walking across to the big island at the shoreline fishing area. Santa Ana is almost bare right now. It's going to take A LOT of water to replace it to where it used to be in '08.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Years ago, I can't remember the year, you could walk down the steps at the marina and walk all the way to the island. The only water was on the dam side of the campground. In fact, they moved the boat docks to the dam side and plowed a road over to the docks and a makeshift boat launch.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

We need a heavy El Nino bigtime!!!!!
CLEAN AND DRY
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

Piru must be super low too. Last time I was there in Oct is was ridiculously low. Castaic Lake just got a bunch of water, hopefully its a sign of things to come.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Gosh Mark aren't you just going to go to Bobcat anyway? They were pumping to the pump back before the March miracle.No way it's that low right now....Good time to look at the bank and see why you caught fish in any particular spot. Brian D. has all kinds of gps #'s to bad they are all high and dry :lol:

rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kelly Ripa wrote:Gosh Mark aren't you just going to go to Bobcat anyway? They were pumping to the pump back before the March miracle.No way it's that low right now....Good time to look at the bank and see why you caught fish in any particular spot. Brian D. has all kinds of gps #'s to bad they are all high and dry :lol:

rip
Dud, when did you get released? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's good to hear your "voice" again.
I was told that, if you can manage to launch, the only safe places to fish are down toward the dam, because there's too much barely submerged rock structure waiting to eat you lower units, or rake you hull.
Have you been fishing there?
CLEAN AND DRY
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Got out of the hospital from my third operation yesterday....I know the lake quite well and rocks take'n out a lower units sounds like B.S. to me I have not been on Cachuma in over a year but I can tell you from over 30 years of fishing that lake that it fishes real good when the water is way down. I fished it when the island with the cistern was the end of the lake.....Now that is low water. True there is a whole lower unit off of an inboard/outboard on Santa cruz point I always laugh at but jeez it's the Santa Ynez river with a dam on it how hard could it be to navigate? Fishing this time of year? All I need is my spoon box and one rod. Silver buddy type lures are probably on fire right now. I missed the Bass-a-thon this year.....something I never miss but I'll tell ya Mark if you are going up there to prefish I'd be happy to help,,,I figure I'll be able to stand up or set a hook within a week 8) . I was off Casitas for months and went out blind with only my spoons here and had a great time with a limit of nice fish.If you can do it at Casitas it can be done anywhere.... :lol:

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I had no idea you were in the hospital!
Heal quickly, and get back out on the water!
I won't be going to Cachuma any time soon. Between not having work/money right now, and dealing with my kid's college expenses, my hands are full right now. But when I do go up, I'll call you first, and see if you're up for a trip.
CLEAN AND DRY
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Your Broke :lol: :lol: :lol: I just spent 1/4 of a million dollars to get patched up :oops: ....Come on up to Casitas anytime and I'll get you on the water....Just not tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...Seriously the bite ain't awesome right now but I'll be off work until the 6th of Jan. and I think I'll be out this weekend if the stars are all aligned correctly and with the wife's blessings. After that it's back to being a weekend warrior on the lake where you are welcome anytime.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Stay off Casitas to all yall! :) Hahahaha!!! :mrgreen:

It's low guys, but I've been fishing this my entire life, 30 years and I've seen it lower and it filled up. Sadly, without rain we are in WAY worse shape. But now I'm fishing totally new stuff in the lake and its super fun. :D
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kelly Ripa wrote:Your Broke :lol: :lol: :lol: I just spent 1/4 of a million dollars to get patched up :oops: ....Come on up to Casitas anytime and I'll get you on the water....Just not tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...Seriously the bite ain't awesome right now but I'll be off work until the 6th of Jan. and I think I'll be out this weekend if the stars are all aligned correctly and with the wife's blessings. After that it's back to being a weekend warrior on the lake where you are welcome anytime.

Rip
Man, if I'd known you were worth patching up, I'd have been nicer to you! Does your wife know you spent that much money on yourself? :shock:
Glad you're on the mend, and thanks for the offer.
I'll give you a call if I can make it.
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

elfish16 wrote:Stay off Casitas to all yall! :) Hahahaha!!! :mrgreen:

It's low guys, but I've been fishing this my entire life, 30 years and I've seen it lower and it filled up. Sadly, without rain we are in WAY worse shape. But now I'm fishing totally new stuff in the lake and its super fun. :D
Aren't you embarrassed beating on those poor little fish like that?
CLEAN AND DRY