GoPro Boat set ups

Bassin

GoPro Boat set ups

Post by Bassin »

I got a new GoPro 3 Black edition for Xmas and am looking for different ideas for boat installs/locations/accessories ? The GoPro has really gain popularity in the fishing industry and is only getting bigger says a friend of mine that works at GoPro. I agreed, all you have to do is look at all the Pros that are getting sponsor $$ from them right now!
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Randy Walker

Re: GoPro Boat set ups

Post by Randy Walker »

Depending on the accessories you buy, the locations are limitless... You can put it really anywhere you want with the right attachments. If you are looking for accessories for your new go pro and be able to save some money.. check out www.tmart.com
I have purchased several things from here and have been happy with everything. Shipping is free regardless of purchase amount.

One view that I have done I really like... get yourself a paint roller extension and use the handlebar attachment on it... find a place in the middle or back of your boat to secure the extension pole... you get an awesome shot of you, your boat and all of the surrounding water you are fishing... it's a super cool view.

For accessories, start off by checking the gopro site for an idea of everything they offer... then start googling the differnt things and you will begin to find places that sell stuff and tons of youtube videos on how to's...
Also, get the extra lanyards.. I always have a back up security lanyard when I attach to the boat anywhere.. just in case... although the accessories stick pretty darn well, you just never know. The suction mount is rated for speeds up to 100mph I think.. I know someone that lost theres going 40mph, if that... bottom line is you dont want to loose your camera in the drink... there is the backdoor floaty as well.. but not sure how well it works.
Good luck and have fun with it...
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Thanks Randy! What kind of memory card are you using?
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

I use a 32 gig... think it's a sandisk... Regardless of brand, you will want to make sure it's a class 10 card or you will not be able to record at certain settings... Your camera will take up to a 64 gig card I think... but I recommend to get 2 32's or 2 16's... just incase something happens to one of your cards while your out on the water... then you can simply swap cards out..

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
jeremypitts

Post by jeremypitts »

Like Randy said you can pretty much put a GoPro anywhere on your boat. I recently started attaching it to my back running light with the roll bar mount as seen in the attached photo. I have had it running while I blasted off in a tournament and it didn't come off going 70mph. The footage is awesome from that angle as well!
Attachments
photo-5.PNG
photo-5.PNG (222.8 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

^
Caught on camera: "highsticking" it :D
JT_Bagwell

Post by JT_Bagwell »

Cool idea on the back light mount.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I mount mine to the rear light as well, also have stick-on mounts on the windshield and trolling motor top. I recently bought a suction cup mount and now can mount it just about anywhere.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

So I am another one who now has a GoPro Camera. I've been wanting one for awhile now.
You can like them on Facebook and see many ways to use them.
I Surf, Ski, Fish, and Bike and plan to use it in all my sports.

I like the idea of attaching it to the light, I would think while running it would have a lot of vibration though.

The question I have is what is a good setting for getting acceptable quality video for posting online.

I was hoping that as I view other video's people post that they would include the setting they used.

Thanks,
Rene
jeremypitts

Post by jeremypitts »

There is some vibration, but it doesn't effect the quality of the footage at all. I generally mount my GoPro midway up the running light. As for settings, I use 720p at 60 frames per second. The reason I do this is because it maximizes battery life. Also, it allows you to upload and edit more easily on your computer. When taking pictures off my GoPro, I use the 12mp Wide setting. Hope this helps!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

I agree on the setting.. 720 provides great video and is MUCH easier to work with on your computer. If you record in the 1080 you will need a fast computer processor to keep up with the playback... the 720 will be totally fine.

Randh
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com