Delta bite

Louie

Delta bite

Post by Louie »

Seems like the delta bite is tough right now for most I talk to. Is anyone having success out there? I know it is still early but seems a little tougher than it should be comparing it to past years.
Sticks56

Re: Delta bite

Post by Sticks56 »

Went out on Saturday had good luck in Franks as far as numbers caught 13 but no size at all best five only went roughly 10 lbs all on spinnerbaits.
W.C

Post by W.C »

I went out Saturday 2/22 , me and a friend fished all day around Italian ,twin skulls and almost up to bull frog. I only got 6 fish biggest was a 5pounder all others were 2 pounders. It's is very humbling for me to struggle out there but I know I'm not alone, my friend blanked and out of five other boaters I spoke to, only one gut said he had 2 dinks the others didn't even get bit. Yes it's tuff out there but u know some one is on them.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

I got out there today for about and an hour and a half. Caught one 2 pounder. Franks Tract was crowded with boats. Surprised I even caught the one there right after the spot had four boats on it. They were all flippin. I threw a spinner bait
Support 81
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

The bite on the River right now is a day to day grind. There are fish moving shallow into the tules in all the flooded ponds, one day it's a big group of 4-6 pounders, the next 5 days it's all them 1-3 pound bucks. The shad have moved back into these areas as well, hence the good reaction bite for those smaller fish. It can be humbling, such as my day on Saturday during the AC event where I chose to camp in an isolated area and swing for the fence, then make adjustments on Sunday with my client, bounce around junk fishin and have a fairly decent day. The fish are definately grouped up, when ya find one of these, work the area good, if not, bounce around until ya find em. The reaction baits are very good locaters to finding the groups and picking off a good one here and there, then settle in on em with jigs, plastics to pick off the non-aggressive fish.