Straight Up Basic Question

whazup

Straight Up Basic Question

Post by whazup »

I have never fished a tournament. I am considering joining a club. I have spent hours on the Internet, talking to different people, reading forums etc. I cannot get a straight answer!! As a non boater, what can I expect from my boater if I tell him I need to take a crap? Is that an unspoken no-no? Sorry to waste this forum space, but no one else will be straight up about this sensitive issue. Thanks, I think.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
merc1997

Re: Straight Up Basic Question

Post by merc1997 »

well, i can not speak for everyone that you might draw for a partner, but anyone that is an upright person will not have a problem with the issue. it is something that we all do :lol: .

bo
whazup

Post by whazup »

merc1997 wrote:well, i can not speak for everyone that you might draw for a partner, but anyone that is an upright person will not have a problem with the issue. it is something that we all do :lol: .

bo
True, but some people can go days without that call of nature. I ain't one of those, lol.

PS, thanks for the jigs. Can't wait to try em again...
DL

Post by DL »

Once you fish enough events you will get a pattern of when you need to do your business before you get on the boat. Whether its a specific diet the 2 days before an event, the day before the event, or a cup of coffee on the way to the lake to "get your plumbing started," you will figure what you need to do. I live a minimum of an hour from any lake I fish, so i have time to get things goind in the morning. If your over the age of 20 you probably know what foods do what to your system. I would recommend going before its an emergency. Some lakes have floating heads, and some have just a bank or a tree you can use :twisted: If your lake has the floating heads, find one and tell your boater you need to use it when you are within a 1 minute boat ride of it, not after you past it 4 minutes ago at 70mph lol. If your boater has fit when you ask, just kindly explain that you would rather do it on the bank or in a bathroom, but you will gladly do it in his livewell if it comes to that :mrgreen:
"Feel the steel"
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Diet can be everything nite before and the morning of a fishing trip like microwave burritos on the way to the lake, if nature calls so what, think of the BASS Elite guys with spectator boats and marshalls watch some Gerald Swindle u tube vids and laugh he has a up front view on dumps and maintance wipes that will lighten up all concerns . Unless you have some serious issues that should keep you on dry land or only with close friends, fish club tourneys and as many others even the big ones that you can afford if you truly have the passion . Tournaments can be good and bad but the learning part of the deal can be priceless and the memories and lessons learned will last for years, the key word is AFFORD the tourneys. Launching one off the side or back of the boat is never good but happens to all anglers and takes technique with practice, always keep some mountain money on hand just in case , you don't want to hit he dock with only a sock on one foot at the end of the day.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
TheChaz

Post by TheChaz »

Trial and Error. It's like anything just be as cautious and considerate as possible. I have made several rookie moves fishing tourneys even tho my boater was my fathers good friend. It's like being new to a job or being a intern your awkward and uncomfortable at first then ya make sum errors step on a few rods, break off a potential winning fish or not tie a new knot and lose that ten dollar bait he just handed you haha but then ya get good and experienced. I think takin a dump is the least of your worries haha word of advice, DO NOT try n be a hot shot n try to direct the trolling motor, Boat, or suggest spots unless you absolutely know what you're doing.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

When ya gotta go, ya gotta GO. Man up, drop trowl, and hang your bickey off transom. You'll be done in 45 sec. and then get back to fishin. :lol:
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

As mentioned above... Gerald Swindle - the one about havin' to go...
http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/tv/se ... id=0001788
whazup

Post by whazup »

WB Staff wrote:As mentioned above... Gerald Swindle - the one about havin' to go...
http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/tv/se ... id=0001788
Yeah, I saw that one. Pretty funny....since it was him and not me, lol. Wish he could find his "touch" again.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Here is a product that I think would behoove every tournament angler to have. When money is on the line...and "Time is money"...this product will minimize down time and be a much better option than hangin' you fanny over the transom at Clear Lake in full view of lakeside residents. It takes up very little space and is a very quick process to set up and take down.

John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

ive only had to blow *** once off in the bushes - man down style - like everyone said you will get a routine - i dont eat high protiens or the like the night before a tournament no golden coral for this guy. I usually eat rice or the such and if my stomach is in a bad way ill take immodium or chug some mallox before the tournament :lol:

Then there was the Popyes chicken off of the smokey bear road exit that I wont get into the deatails with but DL may remeber :twisted:

Typically I get up early drink my coffee walk around, jump up and down and get that plumbing going - get the ramp and top it off -

I have pulled to outhouses before and have had to make requests before, but its courteous not to chew into the tournament day by having to stop and take a shizz every other hour. There are also male diapers.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
sniper

Post by sniper »

Two Imodium AD at bedtme the night before and I promise you wont be making any requests on Derby Day!
DL

Post by DL »

ash wrote:ive only had to blow *** once off in the bushes - man down style - like everyone said you will get a routine - i dont eat high protiens or the like the night before a tournament no golden coral for this guy. I usually eat rice or the such and if my stomach is in a bad way ill take immodium or chug some mallox before the tournament :lol:

Then there was the Popyes chicken off of the smokey bear road exit that I wont get into the deatails with but DL may remeber :twisted:

Typically I get up early drink my coffee walk around, jump up and down and get that plumbing going - get the ramp and top it off -

I have pulled to outhouses before and have had to make requests before, but its courteous not to chew into the tournament day by having to stop and take a shizz every other hour. There are also male diapers.
Dude...
"Feel the steel"
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Allison XB-21 has a livewell for your mudsharks.

george

Post by george »

My good friend and fishing buddy Ken Adams (RIP) once told me one of the funniest stories about him fishing a Red Man or Won Bass at Clear Lake and it was a draw tournament. He had a Japanese angler in his boat and it was a rather large field of over a hundred boats.
He said it was freezing rain, wind blowing and they were in the boat ready to blast off when even above the sound of a bunch of roaring outboards he heard a sound from his partner; a rolling, growling painful sound coming from his Co-Angler and his partner said in a heavy accent " Mr Kenny, I have to go to the bathroom NOW". Kenny said he told his CoAng to just sit tight as they were ready to blast off in just a minute and he would go around the point and let the Co-Ang out on the bank to take care of business.
Kenny was laughing as he was telling the story which made it even funnier.
So anyways they run around the first major point and Kenny beaches the boat onto a sandy area and the Co-Ang jumps out and is running and pulling his rain suit up and his pants down in full stride. He squats and Kenny said he could hear the poor guy from thirty feet away taking care of business in an icy down poor.
The Co-Ang finishes up, wipes and as he stands up his feet go straight out and he lands on his back and head and proceeds to slide down hill through the mess he just left hill side.
By this time Kenny was laughing so hard that he said he about peed him self and the Co_Ang was yelling what had to be a few of the major Japanese cuss word.
The poor guy strips off his rain suit and clothes and jumps into the the freezing Clear Lake drink trying to get this mess out of the back of his hair and wash his clothes out.
Kenny got him back in the boat and took him back to the dock dragging his clothes with a rope behind the boat where Kenny had a back up change of clothes for the guy to use.

This is the exact reason that you do what ever it takes to clear your system before you launch!

George
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Great story George!!! hahaha
dwise

Post by dwise »

I've fished a few Pro Am tournaments, and a couple of US Opens as a Co-angler, and I've never had my Pro boater deny me the courtesy of taking me to the outhouse if I have to go.

In the club tournaments I fish as a boater most of the time, so I always offer to take my Co-angler to the outhouse. When you gotta go, you gotta go! Everyone needs a break.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club