Future Pro Tour. Thanks for the memories

robertthornton

Future Pro Tour. Thanks for the memories

Post by robertthornton »

From the bottom of my heart, thank to The Future Pro Tour for all the great memories. I have been fishing the FPT for four full years, since 2007. I came close twice in the AOY race finishing second both times,(allusive title), and have now won two boats. Both of which have been delivered as promised. I credit the FPT for building me into the angler I am today. Having to prepare and practice on different bodies of water, throughout Norther California, several time in a year, made me learn real quick how try to establish a winning pattern. I strongly recommend anyone wanting to build there skills, in hopes of one day becoming a professional angler, to start off in the FPT. It is a very good way of getting your name out there and building a resume in hopes of one day luring in sponsors to help you move on to the next level. It truly is the best amateur circuit in the West. The only downside to winning a second boat with the FPT is that I will no longer be able to fish the tour. I was really looking forward to fishing Berryessa, on March 29th. It's going to be an absolute "slugfest". A very special thank you to Vince and all the FPT staff for once again putting on a great Classic. It was really special and was the first tournament that I won and let my emotions get the better of me. I will never forget it.

All the Best,
Robert Thornton
Attachments
IMG_0077 copy.jpg
Will D

Re: Future Pro Tour. Thanks for the memories

Post by Will D »

Good luck in the FLW, it'll be interesting to see one of the best that ever fished Future Pro step up to the next level.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Congrats. Good luck with whatever comes next.
cking

Post by cking »

Very good Robert, you and your partner put on one hell of a show at Clear lake. Good luck in the future and I agree with you, FPT is a great place to compete and hone your skills.
go.fish.or.die

Post by go.fish.or.die »

Great Job Bob ! Best of luck to you ! Congrats again bro