world record spot out of New Melones

Glory Hole Sports

world record spot out of New Melones

Post by Glory Hole Sports »

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/new-worl ... otted-bass

Wow! Very exciting! Congratulations to Keith Bryan of Powell Rods... great angler, great rod, and great lake!
Melanie
Glory Hole Sports
<*))))))><
(209) 736-4333
Oldschool

Re: world record spot out of New Melones

Post by Oldschool »

Great spotted bass!
Tom
rico

Post by rico »

yes, it was a great fish, but I don't understand how IGFA could even consider certifying the scale after the fact., and then recognizing the weight that was recording at weigh in. The rules clearly say the fish has to be weighed on a certified scale, which it was at the store.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Actually I think it states in the rules too, that scales can be certified afterwards.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The weigh in scale can be certified, however a commercial certified scale was used and clearly was less than 10 pounds while the fish was still alive. I doubt the IGFA would recertify a scale under these circumstances.
Tom
DanO

Post by DanO »

Actually Tom, they did certify the scale. This is what I posted in the other thread on this topic.

"Update - As of yesterday's notification by IGFA, the scales CTT used have been sent to the IGFA offices in Florida, and have been certified as "perfect" by the Records Director at IGFA following their testing.

So, IGFA has entered the official weight of the fish as 10.48 pounds because of the accuracy of the original scales, as well as the time in between the two weigh-ins.

In other words, the fish is under consideration for World Record status by IGFA, and following a mandatory two month waiting period, all of the evidence will be examined and a decision will be made as to whether to award the fish World Record status.

It is now a waiting game.

Congratulations to Keith, and to all of our state as having a World Record bass of any species remain here is an amazing thing, and a true testament to the quality of our fisheries.

DanO"