How to Find Spots for Night Tournaments

rickyshabazz

How to Find Spots for Night Tournaments

Post by rickyshabazz »

Preparing for the night fishing season at Perris Lake. Look what I found using my #Navionics iPad App. Took these two screen shots of two spots that looks very good.

The Wanabepro
merc1997

Re: How to Find Spots for Night Tournaments

Post by merc1997 »

first, i am assuming that this lake is clear. next, are the depths given on the map accurate?? just asking because the top of the hump you have marked shows to be 41ft. 41ft. would only work if the thermocline is that deep, but this early in the year, i would doubt that.

your culvert shows to be between 57 and 59 feet. is that the correct depth, or is this lake really low from normal elevation. if so, the water depth of those areas would be helpful. also, since they stick out like a sore thumb, these would go into my community holes category.

bo
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

One of the advantages to using the navionics app is that you get to see what's under the water. One our southern cal lakes it is not uncommon to have to fish deep on very small spots. To answer your question these spots are not on maps and/or the normal mapping software. Only those with the Navionics ship would ever know. It could take a lifetime to find spots that those using the app can find in the comforts of their home.
The Wanabepro
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

Some of the charts show humps when in fact they are the result of either grass or bait. good luck, i hope they are there.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

TeamBeefmaster wrote:Some of the charts show humps when in fact they are the result of either grass or bait. good luck, i hope they are there.
As we learned at Clear Lake a couple years ago! HAH!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com