Need a fishing trip/guide recommendation

NG

Need a fishing trip/guide recommendation

Post by NG »

A good friend of mine and his 10 year old son recently got hooked on fishing, basically fishing for bluegills on a man-made lake in his housing development. He is about to turn 40 and his wife wants to get him and his son a guided fishing trip for his birthday present. The two of them are very new to fishing and only know how to use "snoopy-style" spinning gear with limited casting ability, so I'm hesitant to recommend a guided trip with a hard-core bass guide that might require punching or flipping or accurate casting to be successful instead of frustrated. Do you guys have any recommendations on a trip they would never forget? I'm thinking of a fall striper trolling or bait trip or maybe a fall salmon trip, any guide recommendations?
Thanks for any input.
TonyM

Re: Need a fishing trip/guide recommendation

Post by TonyM »

Sounds like a couple guys that could use a lot of action. I would recommend hiring Ron Gandolfi to take them out on Oroville. Probably won't catch toads, but Ron should be able to put them on numbers of spots. The ability to cast accurately wouldn't be as critical with that type of fishing. Good luck.
george

Post by george »

Hey NG, Guides like Lunker Larry Hemphill are exactly what you want for this situation as they have experience with inexperienced anglers and can put anyone of any skill level on fish.
You will be giving your friend a great present and probably turn him into a hooked for lifetime nutcase just by getting him hooked up with a well established and experienced guide.

I would try Larry Hemphill first and he will probably get you in touch with someone else if he is too booked!

George
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

I also endorse Larry Hemphill. He's really good with beginners, very patient, & will put you on fish!
peridotian

Post by peridotian »

Yes but for gods sake don't drop any sunflower seeds on his nice carpet LOL.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Should think about a fall striper trip with Bobby Barrack. Talk about getting hooked for life and I'm sure Bobby would tailor the trip for relative newcomers.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

I guide lake Castaic and pyramid, so first thing I guess I'd ask is where does the person live?
Fall in so cal, fishing with live shad is 100 plus fish days on my boat...
Daveh
NG

Post by NG »

Sorry, I'm in the Sacramento area, so any trip in the northern California area would be considered.
Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep em coming...
frank

Post by frank »

Look up RJ Waldron with NorthWind outfitters. Great guide to go after Strippers (bay and delta), salmon, halibut, leopard shark and rockfish. He has a bay boat and also runs the Sundance out of Emeryville. Great guy, he will put you on some fish. you can reach him at gotdux@yahoo.com or call him at 925-323-1928 to book a trip or check out his website http://nwindoutfitters.com/.
VangBass1

Post by VangBass1 »

Hi,

Captain Mike Gravert of Intimidator Sport Fishing has guided for many years in the Sacramento area for stripers and salmon. He has a wealth of knowledge including: trolling, live bait, vertical jigging, and other tactics. Captain Mike has guided many clients including kids to adults. Give him a shout at 916-806-3030. You can also see how happy his clients are at http://www.intimidatorsportfishing.com.

Tight Lines Buddy

Thomas V.
Attachments
image.jpg