What line to use with minimal combos?

Roscoe

What line to use with minimal combos?

Post by Roscoe »

I've been fishing the delta more than usual and have been fishing Pedro and McClure also. I'm tired of deciding what specific line to use, so my question is if you have 3 nice combos what type of line would you put on your 3 reels? I really like floro but I notice a lot of anglers using braid for the delta. I just wanna be able to spool up and not worry about changing line every time I go fishing. Sory for the stupid question but hey I figure this is a great place to ask. Thanks
MT

Re: What line to use with minimal combos?

Post by MT »

Copolymer. Yozuri Hybrid would be a good one. You can use it for just about any application. Strong stuff too. Others may say to put braid on all of your outfits and add the proper leader for whatever application you need. Mono for topwater, flouro for subsurface.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Are you using spinning reels or bait casters. Are you drop shotting or reaction fishing. A lot of anglers are using braided ling with a mono leader.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I'm using 2 tatulas and 1 revo sx , I have floro on one Tatula and floro on the other 2. I tied a leader on the braid. I love flippin and use cranks and jerk baits. I appreciate the feedback and I know I may sound dumb with the question but I figure why not ask. Thanks fellas, see y'all at bassfest this weekend?
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I meant braid one one and floro on the other two, sorry
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

on one I would use 50 to 65 pound braid it's good for flippin,throwing chatter baits and if the water is dirty senko's. The other two i would have 12lb to 15lb mono, you can use mono or fluorocarbon, I like to crank with 12lb but make sure your drag isn't set to tight. If the water is real clear you would want to go to fluorocarbon and maybe step down in size and with your fillinp stick put a 20lb fluorocarbon leader on it.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

By chance do you know of a good video to help teach me how to tie a leader knot? I appreciate all the 411 thanks a lot.
g-man

Post by g-man »

MT wrote:Copolymer. Yozuri Hybrid would be a good one. You can use it for just about any application. Strong stuff too. Others may say to put braid on all of your outfits and add the proper leader for whatever application you need. Mono for topwater, flouro for subsurface.
Yozuri Hybrid is some good all around line, and its cheap! Its obvious its no secret cause its never on the shelves anymore.
100% LL
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Try going on lline for the knots. There is a book out you can buy I keep forgetting to order them.