Boris Antolos, Rest In Peace Dad!

John A.

Boris Antolos, Rest In Peace Dad!

Post by John A. »

Boris Antolos passed away tonight at 6:55 pm. Many of you have met Boris while fishing many of the circuits in Southern California to the U.S. Open at Mead. He loved Bass fishing and fishing tournaments. His favorite lake was Mead. He loved to make the run to Overton Arm and start throwing jigs and switching to reaction baits once the wind picked up.

Those of you who knew him, knew that his Family and Grandchildren is what he lived for. We will miss him and continue to live his legacy.

Calm waters dad from here on out... At least until you want to pick up that crank....RIP dad!
Paul Matthews

Re: Boris Antolos, Rest In Peace Dad!

Post by Paul Matthews »

Oh my. That is very sad news. I knew and fished against Boris since 1999. Even after i moved to AZ I would run into him and his son fishing some tournaments over here. Great guy and competitor. rest in peace. You will be missed.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

So sorry to here this, we spent many days competing and fishing together in quit a few tournaments. Last time we talked he was feeling better. My prayers go out to his family, they were his top priority. We were to fish together this last summer at DVL but all the tournaments fell on the same days I fished with my son at another lake. I feel really bad that we couldn't connect on them.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
ronsmart

Post by ronsmart »

Boris was one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. Even after he
started having health problems, he was always positive and had a smile on his face.
I will miss him and his humor. Rest in peace my friend.
Is the plug in ?
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Remember him well , his boat was always spotless and he fished with this little kid who loved it as much as he did .
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

John Antolos,

All of us at WON Bass and the U.S. Open are thinking of you and your family at this time of need. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all. We know how he loved bass fishing and especially the Lake Mead U.S. Open. We will be taking a moment for sure during the event in his name.
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
John A.

Post by John A. »

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

Ron, I will be calling Stan when I get a chance. Please notify him if you see him. My dad love spending time chatting with you and Stan.

The U.S. Open was his favorite tournament. On Friday in the ICU, I was discussing the tournament with him and his game plan. He said he was on them and was looking forward to it. It was a great 30 minute conversation about his favorite spots and the happiness it brought him being out on the water with all of you.

Thank you again everyone.

John Antolos
AZRangerboy

Post by AZRangerboy »

John,

I just found out about your father and I'm very sorry for you and your families loss. This is a great loss for all of us anglers that had the pleasure of knowing Boris. I'm not going to lie but this really hit home with me and I shedded a few tears. He always routed for me and watched me grow up as a young angler. I still remember when Boris and your mom Kathy came in and I helped him with the purchase of his Champion 196. At Anglers Marine we named his boat the "Silver Bullet" and his old Champion the "Warthog". The US Open is not going to be the same without this great man but I will make sure to look up in the sky when I'm out at Lake Mead for the Open and ask for his advice. I will miss you Boris and rest in peace my friend.

Joe Uribe Jr.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

so sorry for your loss, the wonderful memories will keep you going during the tough times :) RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
John A.

Post by John A. »

Services for Boris Antolos will be held at Palos Verdes Golf Club on August 26th, at 10:00 am.
Palos Verdes Golf Club • 3301 Via Campesina • Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274-1468 • (310) 375- 2533
All are welcome and open to anyone who would like to come.

Ron please pass along to Stan. I understand if he can't make it, but wanted to make sure he had the info.
ronsmart

Post by ronsmart »

John, I will give the info to Stan today. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone who
knew Boris is going to miss him. You take care John.
Is the plug in ?
John A.

Post by John A. »

Thank you Ron.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Boris was a great man, fisherman and will be missed. Can't believe it. Rest in peace!
A Perez

Post by A Perez »

I'm very sorry to hear u lost your pops I never got to meet him but at every US open I always payed attention to the standings to see where he was at with that being said he was a very good stick. My prayers go out to u and your Family. rest in peace Boris
John A.

Post by John A. »

I took the old mans ashes to Lake Mead and fished his favorite spots. I launched out of Temple Bar and headed to a spot we shared many times over the years. On the first cast and his favorite Jig, I stuck a 3 pound largemouth. It was perfect day to a last day of fishing with my dad.

If the open is any thing like the day I had, it's going to be great.

Good Luck to the open fisherman.
bishopbass

Post by bishopbass »

John, Your last post made me tear up and smile at the same time. God bless you God bless your Dad. Let him be the first thing you think of during every beautiful sunrise and sunset on the water.
John A.

Post by John A. »

bishopbass wrote:John, Your last post made me tear up and smile at the same time. God bless you God bless your Dad. Let him be the first thing you think of during every beautiful sunrise and sunset on the water.
Thank you..
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

John, I am sure Boris would be happy where you placed his ashes. I too fished an ABA classic with your dad and many other times there pre fishing for the 95 and 96 US open so I can guess where you took his ashes. One of the most memorable moments was the time he made us lunch and when we went to eat it he had made onion and horse radish sandwiches, that was more than I could handle. There was many more times I will never forget. May he rest in peace and I wish you and your family well. I think you have handled this situation very well and if your mom or you ever needs any thing just give me a call. larry reed
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

John, I was out of the country and when I returned I heard of your dads passing. From all of us here at Anglers Marine, myself, Jordan, John, Doug, Kyle, Cindy and staff sorry for your loss. He was always a blast to hang with when he was in here with great stories. He will be missed by all and I will never forget his laugh and smile. Rick Grover
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

:( We will miss your smiling face. Bev and Don Payne
John A.

Post by John A. »

Thanks Larry and Rick. Your kind words mean a lot...

Thank you everyone else as well. Hope to see you guys on the water real soon.

John Antolos
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

I only fished with Boris once, but he had an impact and I considered him a friend. It was a WON Bass Pro-AM at Lake Mead. The top cap of his old champion was coming off and he had it help together with duct tape, seriously. He pretty much just left the bilge pump running all day. We caught fish and joked around and had a blast while trying not to sink the boat. :lol:
Since that day I have never been able to look a Lucky Craft Sammy without hearing Boris in the back ground talking to the Sammy as it goes across a point. He loved that bait. I will also never be able to look at a ProLine Smokey Joe Jig without thinking about Boris.
Rest in Peace and Best Fishes my friend.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Kbeever

Post by Kbeever »

John,

Your dad was a great man. Although I only really talked to him the times when he stayed at Temple Bar, he left an impression and I was saddened when I heard about his passing. One year when I had trolling motor problems, he did what he could to help out and was always open about how his fishing was going, not to mention he was funnier than crap and kept me rolling whenever I spoke to him.

My prayers go out to you and your family and I'm sure you know he will be missed at the US Open and many fisherman whose path he touched.

Keith Beever