Clear Lake Rockpiles

rickyshabazz

Clear Lake Rockpiles

Post by rickyshabazz »

Studying the #Navionics web app of Clear Lake. I will be breaking the lake into four sections. First section is Rattle Snake Island. The web app provides the level of detail for me to study all of the rock pile and bottom contours from the comforts of my home, phone or tablet. What kind of baits would you use on those rock piles and offshore humps? www.navionics.com

The Wanabepro
george

Re: Clear Lake Rockpiles

Post by george »

Hey Ricky, give me a call when you get time! 209-402-2284

George Azevedo
supermat

Post by supermat »

Thanks for sharing Ricky. I didn't realize you guys offered that. There's still a rockpile or two missing but Navionics has the clearest mapping around. Feel free to remove one or two of the good ones. :wink:
Last edited by supermat on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bassinguide.com
http://www.tacticalbassin.com
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

I will say that Navionics has the best mapping software and sonar charts that are available. Having fished Clear lake for over 15 years I have never had a problem with the information on the charts. With that said nothing is perfect. However, I will be on Clear Lake for 10 days tracking data sonar logging which will be used to make better mapping for the lake.
The Wanabepro
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I like a dd-14 splatter back= "crappie", lavender shad, and sexy shad with an 8 foot crank'n stick...The rock piles across from Glenhaven and Glenhaven too when I'm down in that direction this time of year.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I used to fish the third week of August at Clear Lake every year and those rockpiles have always been good that time of year. I had a hundred fish day throwing the green sunfish speed trap when that was the thing about a decade ago. The water was up though. You could do the same kind of numbers with plastics when the bait used to black out your meter. I found a little hump that came up near those posts on the right of your screen a few years ago. I didn't see anybody else fish it the whole week that I was there and I caught forty or fifty fish a day all week on it. The bighorn sheep and peacocks on that island are cool. Are the animals still there?
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Didn't Tim Klinger win a televised FLW event around the Rattlesnake rockpiles throwing a swimbait?
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Clear Lake being a natural lake not a reservoir the bottom contour isn't well documented and must rely on sonar mapping.
The fact a dam (Rumsey) was added to raise the natural lake level and control maximum levels, what is under the lowest natural lake isn't well known, although the current drought may expose new structures. If new surveys are detailing more of the lake bottom, that good. How to fish isolated rock piles is open to a wide variety of presentations and I am sure everyone has their own ideas of what works best.
Tom