In a slump

bwhit16

In a slump

Post by bwhit16 »

Hey guys,

I am new to the west coast. I am from NC recently got stationed out here and boy have I been struggling to get fish in the boat.

My question to you is what do you do when the lakes are beating up on your confidence?

As we all know confidence in what your doing can be the difference between catching a limit and zeroing so maybe you guys can help this southern guy out.
mark poulson

Re: In a slump

Post by mark poulson »

Here's how, according to Mark Grace:

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
bwhit16

Post by bwhit16 »

That is hysterical.
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

Be careful with the previous remedy...crabs on your boat may constitute using live bait.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

When I just need to catch fish. I go to a splitshot or drop shot 6" greenweenie from deadly duo . Sold at Bobs bait bucket in Bakersfield, made by Pete . Used in Fl.,Ala. Ga. and yes here in Calif.

Always catchs fish.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

I broke an awful slump last winter when I hit a skunk driving on a winding road... after that I got onto the fish!

I also like to switch it up and hit the saltwater and pull on some fish out there.... seems to get the mind settled and relaxed.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

what part of the state are you located ?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

Dont worry. Castaic kicks my a$$ too..... LOL. id slow down, fish the right spots at the right time of the day. These fish are definitely spooked by the sun and boat traffic. The other option is to use jumbo baits so that when you finally catch one, its enormous :mrgreen:
bwhit16

Post by bwhit16 »

Ash I am stationed near Paso Robles (active duty army) I travel to different lakes but I am struggling....
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Ish's answer to bwhit16
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Now THAT is personal service!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

a lot of this game is mental
ish hits it on the head
something to think about is do not expect anything remember this is fun. enjoy the day
i moved here from flordia and i thought i was haveing the same slump

secret --different water different tactics - simple things line size, presentation is everthing on any body of water
go to go to baits, fish your strenghts
most of all go fish and have fun

walt
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
jtluongo

Post by jtluongo »

mark poulson wrote:Here's how, according to Mark Grace:

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."
haha thats a good one lol
Last edited by jtluongo on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtluongo

Post by jtluongo »

jtluongo wrote:
mark poulson wrote:Here's how, according to Mark Grace:

haha thats a good one lol
But in all seriousness I like to try a lure I have never tried before. I figure if im not catching any fish, it might as well be on a lure I need some practice on. The bite will come when you least expect it.
bwhit16

Post by bwhit16 »

Well I got out of my slump guys. I down sized line and fished the front side of a low pressure system we had close to a 40 fish day between 2 people. All of them were small spots but it boosted the confidence a bit.