Jerry Brown Reveals True Intent of Proposition One

WB Fishing Reports

Jerry Brown Reveals True Intent of Proposition One

Post by WB Fishing Reports »

10696277_743821315667307_4854142261921470668_n[1].png
10696277_743821315667307_4854142261921470668_n[1].png (159.76 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
After months of misrepresenting the true purpose of ‪#‎Prop1‬, Governor Brown inadvertently undermined his own message at a recent Stanford water conference. He claimed the measure would provide components missing from the State Water Project “enacted by my father.” These components, Brown ominously intoned, would “deal with the Delta.”

The State Water Project constructed by Governor Pat Brown is nothing to boast about. Read our response and observation of Brown's speech here: http://bit.ly/1wu62to
mark poulson

Re: Jerry Brown Reveals True Intent of Proposition One

Post by mark poulson »

How about posting the entire speech?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Not sure that the entire speech is here; however here is audio for Monday's meeting.

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/multimed ... gov_brown/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I listened to his entire speech.
Thank you for posting the link.
I think everyone here should, too, even though I had to keep restarting it. It was worth the effort.
He never, repeat never mentioned the Bypass Tunnels, only that coming up with a better water conveyance system for times of flood was critical, and part of his overall water plan.
But he did not say anything about Prop. 1 funding any Delta transference systems.
I think it is doing us all a disservice to intimate that he has linked Prop. 1 to the Bypass Tunnels, when in fact he has said no such thing.
He said Prop. 1 is a first step in helping to put in place long term solutions to our State's water needs, and acknowledged that much more complicated, bipartisan work lies ahead with all concerned parties.
And he made clear that all of us Californians are concerned parties.
It is certainly worth listening to. I hope you make the effort. Otherwise, like people who don't vote, you have no bitch coming when things don't go your way.
CLEAN AND DRY
WB Fishing Reports

Post by WB Fishing Reports »

Not so sure that is the whole speech... the title says "Featured Remarks"

not sure if the rest will be available, will post if it can be found
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WB Fishing Reports wrote:Not so sure that is the whole speech... the title says "Featured Remarks"

not sure if the rest will be available, will post if it can be found
It started with him thanking the host, and ended with him signing off.
I'm pretty sure that's the whole speech, unless there's a box set available with outtakes. Hahaha
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Currently Beneficiaries of water projects are required to pay for such new projects. That is why nothing has been built in the last 40 years. Prop 1 will change that and require tax payers to pay for new projects.
The California sportfishing protection alliance is against Prop 1.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

This is not a game with us VS. them. It's all of us needing water.
Doing nothing for the past 40 years has not worked, it has only made the hole deeper, and let private money steal public water.
Prop. 1 is a start to fixing this problem.
It is only a start, but we have to do something. Doing nothing clearly is no solution.
Or else we'll just keep kicking the can down the road and the private money will keep stealing, because we did nothing.
CLEAN AND DRY