Bobby Barrack please read

Old dog

Bobby Barrack please read

Post by Old dog »

Ya kind of a duplicate post from below. I just got a notice from Ducks Unlimited to vote Yes on Prop 1. DU says its neutral on the tunnels. I'm a little conflicted now. I trust you and I trust DU.
DAVE MOEN
Gene Buchholz

Re: Bobby Barrack please read

Post by Gene Buchholz »

In this case follow what Bobby is telling you. Vote NO!!
whazup

Post by whazup »

I've become cynical about the whole voting process. It really doesn't matter what the people want, some judge will come along and do it the way he/she wants it. I still vote, but sometimes I wonder why.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

OD,
Before I sent off my mail in ballot I read as much as I could on this topic. I voted against it. The way I read it they were looking at ways to increase water storage (more daming of rivers, streams to create resevoirs), which I do support since there is no push to control human population growth and humans need water. However the reason I voted no was that they were vague regarding the Delta. The wording reads that they are going to fix the aging delta system, no specifics. Sorry but unless they are very specific about what they are going to do and more importantly how much they are going to spend they will never receive my vote. There needs to be dollar limits placed on things such as this so that we know what the costs will be. I am not a duck hunter so I don't know the reasons for DU's stance on the issue. Bobby makes his living on the Delta so I can understand his stance. Everyone has reasons for being for or against it. I can see each side's reasons but in the end there is not enough certainty and I voted against it.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Bass Scoop

Post by Bass Scoop »

Old Dog,
The reason it is being supported by DU, Trout Unlimited and many other NGO's ( non government organizations) is because they've been bought off. All you have to do is follow the money!! Organizations like Ducks Unlimited and Trout Unlimited are huge nationwide companies and have been given large donations for other "good projects" across the USA, but they had to sell out the San Joaquin Delta in the dirty deal. It's unfortunate because so many people do put their trust in their opinions. As of October 31st, $16 MILLION has been spent to pass Prop 1, vs the $97,000 spent in opposition. Unfortunately we don't have any billionaires supporting our opposition because there just isn't any MONEY in saving our Delta. Those of us that want to save it are fishermen, farmers, and regular "Joe's" that see that saving this precious, gorgeous resource is worth so much MORE THAN MONEY!! VOTE NO ON 1!!!