Motorguide or minnkota

sy

Motorguide or minnkota

Post by sy »

I'm looking to upgrade to a 80 lb thrust from a 67. I now have a 1990 motorguide that is a 12/24 with the gator mount. What are the pros and cons from each?
Gene Buchholz

Re: Motorguide or minnkota

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Years ago I would have said Minn Kota today it doesn't make a difference. They are both good units. Pick the one that feels comfortable to you. The Hook Line & Sinker is an authorized service, sales and installer of both units.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

sy wrote:I'm looking to upgrade to a 80 lb thrust from a 67. I now have a 1990 motorguide that is a 12/24 with the gator mount. What are the pros and cons from each?
look in the classifieds have a nib 82
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

If you decide to buy used make sure it has all the upgrades especially the motorguide. Motorguides built 2003 and before are not Digital and they are not making parts for them anymore unless they have been converted to didgital.
sy

Post by sy »

I was leaning towards MG so it might use the exsisting holes. Tough to try a MK if you don't have access to one, talking to guys I see at the ramp are bias to their brand because that's the only one they've used. Thank you Gene for the info
BP178

Post by BP178 »

Yes I agree, which ever one your used to. I like Minn kota, my dad uses motor guide no prob. With either. If you are used to the button on one side, left or right, I'd stay with that. When I use dads boat it always throws Me off his is opposite of mine.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

If your current mount is a gator mount the holes will match up. It it is a smaller mount they will not.
I have a Motorguide 105 in stock and an 80lb in stock if you interested I also install. 925-625-2441
Gene
Hook Line & Sinker
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Having the foot switch on the right for the MG, and on the left for the MK, are the two real differences, in terms of fishability. You will get used to it if you switch, but there is a definite learning period.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY